Active Topics

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
I tested the latest version also against BMW X1. It has a newer version of BMW's infotainment system. Results are the same. Pbap works, but only the same 5 out of 299 contacts are transferred. To my mind this is promising?

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Landstuhl, Germany
Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
I tested the latest version also against BMW X1. It has a newer version of BMW's infotainment system. Results are the same. Pbap works, but only the same 5 out of 299 contacts are transferred. To my mind this is promising?
Could you follow the instructions for installing and running hcidump in post 80 (http://forums.internettablettalk.com...5&postcount=80)? Then post the results here. If the file is too big, which it probably will be, host it somewhere and provide a link. I'll take a look at it in Wireshark. You can look at it in Wireshark as well...

Drew

Last edited by drdrewusaf; 2010-07-03 at 17:43.

:drew and :john_doe252

I followed the steps in post #75 but not joy.

My car is a Toyota Prius 3 MY 2010. The onboard bluetooth kit is already paired with my N900. The N900 sees it as a headphone. When I start the procedure to import my contacts from my N900 to my car, the N900 gets disconnected and the car kit stands by for a couple of minutes but it gets no answer from the N900 because it's disconnected. When the car kit stops the import procedure with a failure message, then it reconnects with the N900.

I wanted to attach the bluetooth dump but I could not install bluez-hcidump. Apt-get complained like so:
/home/user # apt-get install bluez-hcidump
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
mp-fremantle-generic-pr: Depends: libopenobex1 (= 1.4-0maemo3+0m5) but 1.5-2 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

lore,

Did you run "apt-get -f install" like Apt said? Your installation of openobex failed somehow and might be the root of your problem.

Drww

I had the same problem as lore, but running "apt-get -f install" fixed all hcidump installation problems. (Command removed mp-fremantle-generic-pr. It is not needed by any pakcage(?))

Hey guys

my car is a Citroen and I can not access the phonebook of the N900. I tried sending the contacts via bluetooth and not worked. I've been reading this post and did not notice much. Someone could please summarize what I need to do to be able to access contacts? It is very important to me.

thank you very much

Here is the hcidump-file from my BMW. Looks like all contacts are sent, but something in that vcard-format is not understood by the car. Looks like contacts accepted by the car tend to be at the begining of a block.

Accepted contacts are Heiniö, Kanerva, Silfors and Wiskari. (Surnames only for a little privacy)
Attached Files
File Type: zip bmwd120.zip (10.0 KB, 99 views)

Originally Posted by asfig View Post
Someone could please summarize what I need to do to be able to access contacts? It is very important to me.
The first set of instructions in post 70 will get PBAP to work for the most part (sill very buggy). Link: http://forums.internettablettalk.com...1&postcount=70

Originally Posted by jarmo2 View Post
Here is the hcidump-file from my BMW. Looks like all contacts are sent, but something in that vcard-format is not understood by the car. Looks like contacts accepted by the car tend to be at the begining of a block.
I'll take a look tomorrow. Can you post your process, results, and hcidump on the actual bug report? Link: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6368

Drew

Bug 6368 is updated

Posts: 91 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Milan - Italy
ok I've installed the packages reported in post #70

Later when I'll try on my car.

Just one thing now the phone is not recognised by PC Suite, is this correct? It could be resolved?