Notices

Well, I'm a total newb when it comes to this kind of thing, so don't mind the noobish question: is it reasonable to expect a speed increase and better response overall with the full version? I know all of you guys are talking about better performance in the final product, but I'm just wondering how much can we really expect, considering the rich set of features and the fact that we get a whole little app catalogue built into the browser with the add-ons? It would be incredibly awesome to have a smooth ride when the real thing comes.

It was mentioned here that some pages that don't load as they should in Micro B work well in Firefox - well, as a big Blizzard fan I was kind of disappointed that their main website doesn't display properly in Micro B (the main section of the site - done in Flash - doesn't load) - I'm happy to report that it works well in FF and that the face of the big SC2 marine greets you in all its.... erm, splendor?

Last edited by ivanzorkic; 2010-01-04 at 05:53.

Blizzard.com loads fine for me in microb, took a few seconds to render the marine. Flame effects on the diablo 3 page etc all fine.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

Originally Posted by Bratag View Post
Blizzard.com loads fine for me in microb, took a few seconds to render the marine. Flame effects on the diablo 3 page etc all fine.
You're right! Didn't load the first time I used it (and I did wait a while), but now it does. Well, ignore the last paragraph of my previous post then

Thanks for the correction.

Too slow, reverting to microB

Does turning the disk cache off help anyone with speed in RC1?

See:

http://stechz.com/2010/make-your-fennec-rc1-fast-again/

The Following User Says Thank You to voracity For This Useful Post:
Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
its really nice but abit slow. this is vital for me even if it isnt optimised. i need to see full browser google adds. this is great.

@voracity

"Does turning the disk cache off help anyone with speed in RC1?

See:

http://stechz.com/2010/make-your-fennec-rc1-fast-again/"

Just now tried that, did nothing, still slow
"Eventually, the Internet will be Google, but while they keep churning out the goodies, the actual change-over in ownership will probably pass us by. There are none so blind as those that will not see...." - Sebastian Anthony

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
err i spoke to soon after installing i got two random reboots. so uninstalled.... get it stable firefox

Originally Posted by voracity View Post
Does turning the disk cache off help anyone with speed in RC1?

See:

http://stechz.com/2010/make-your-fennec-rc1-fast-again/
Sadly, I didn't notice any speed increase after turning it off. It still has trouble panning pages smoothly most of the time, the sidebars (for tabs and /favs/back/forward) are sluggish, and the general performance seems quite low.

And, yea, it seems like most of the performance hit occurs during page loading, so I'm surprised that the abovementioned "solution" doesn't work (at least for me) as it is supposed to address that issue.

Posts: 1,101 | Thanked: 1,184 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Spain
It does help, at least in the N810

Tags
firefox, firefox rc1 sucks, stop making junk tags