Notices

Originally Posted by whats_up_skip View Post
It is in off line mode, but I suspect this is not what you are looking for.
You suspect correctly.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
One thing that prevents me using this as navi is that the my location is always at the center of the map so I cannot see the intersections early enough (don't want to zoom out that much). Would it be possible to change the map display in the way that my position is at the bottom of the screen when moving? That way the map would show much more information about what's coming ahead.

I think it's less important to see what's behind you when driving.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

driving.[/QUOTE]

That's what the "Lead" option is supposed to provide, but it doesn't work for me.

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Evry, France
Can't find the package anymore in extras-testing. Any suggestions?

Edit: I know the new name is Mappero now, but still no luck.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Turin, Italy
When I'm looking for a place, it crashes. I write the name of the place in Go To Address, then I press ok and then the application crashes.Does it happen to you too?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
I want to download maps on my PC and then copy it to N900. (easier to manage space vs coverage ratio). Do you know what software would help me download it on my PC in a mappero format?

Last edited by bull81; 2010-06-04 at 07:31.

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ireland
n900: I drove a little bit today and I have to admit that this soft has a potential.

It would also be handy to keep direction hints permanently on the screen. I like to know that my next "turn right" is in 50 km

Do you guys now if there is any chance to have auto map rotation based on the drive direction or we can't have it with static maps?

Last edited by bull81; 2010-06-06 at 10:52.

I have been trying to get the nexrad weather layer working in the latest version of mappero, but from some reading it seems that it needs the proj library to be able to support WMS layers (which the nexrad layer is). Does anyone know where to find proj for the n900? I looked in extras-testing and extras-devel but could not find them.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by bull81 View Post

Do you guys now if there is any chance to have auto map rotation based on the drive direction or we can't have it with static maps?
If I am understanding your question correctly, you can enable this by clicking on the auto-center icon (the thing that looks sort of like a gear) and then clicking the "Auto-Rotate" button.

The Following User Says Thank You to klinglerware For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sceptre15 View Post
I have been trying to get the nexrad weather layer working in the latest version of mappero, but from some reading it seems that it needs the proj library to be able to support WMS layers (which the nexrad layer is). Does anyone know where to find proj for the n900? I looked in extras-testing and extras-devel but could not find them.
Ok, so I enabled extras-devel and ran apt-get install proj as root to install proj, but the weather layer still does not show on the map. Does anyone here have this working, or is it known to be broken?