Notices

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney Australia
For the record my bluetooth headset is a motorolla HS850. No matter what settings I have in PSS it always switches to the speakers when I have my headset active.

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by atunguyd View Post
For the record my bluetooth headset is a motorolla HS850. No matter what settings I have in PSS it always switches to the speakers when I have my headset active.
can you plz give me the output of lshal -m in the x-term..

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
The new versions is flawless over here so far (no BT headset here). Thank you!

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

The Following User Says Thank You to ndi For This Useful Post:
Hi there,

Frst of all thanks for such a goood utility... a v good one..

But..i have the same problem. with bluetooth headset.
I use Nextlink's G5 headset. if i use lshal -m, it says

Start monitoring devicelist:
20:29:39.222 property battery.voltage.current = 4066 (0fe2)

(NB: my settings DONT disable proximity even when keyboard slided)

and similar voltage current readings- probably becos i was charging my mobile as well. do i expect my bluetooth device to be listed here? Except for this issue, i find this app extremely useful.

Please help to fix this. Thanks.

Originally Posted by getnani View Post
Hi there,

Frst of all thanks for such a goood utility... a v good one..

But..i have the same problem. with bluetooth headset.
I use Nextlink's G5 headset. if i use lshal -m, it says

Start monitoring devicelist:
20:29:39.222 property battery.voltage.current = 4066 (0fe2)

(NB: my settings DONT disable proximity even when keyboard slided)

and similar voltage current readings- probably becos i was charging my mobile as well. do i expect my bluetooth device to be listed here? Except for this issue, i find this app extremely useful.

Please help to fix this. Thanks.
Hi, can you plz do the following and let me know what xterm prints other than the voltage changes:
1) run lshal -m in xterm
2) then connect your bluetooth headset(xterm should register sth at this point)
3)then again disconnect(optional)

EDIT: about proximity not deactivating, can you plz tell me more whats exactly is happenin: When proximity and keyboard is checked in the settings, then only sliding out keyboard disables proximity.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-06-30 at 05:20.

Thanks for the reply matey...
I did the following
1) run lshal -m in xterm

nothing other than battery voltage,battery reporting current and remaining time.
However, I do see the yellow bar msg on the top of the screen "Connected to Invisio G5". The headset works, no doubt

Regd. the proximity, I guess i wasnt clear.. What i meant is that my settings is set such that proximity sensors wont be deactivated, sliding out keyboard. I mean this is an additional info, if it helps debugging the above mentioned issue.

Also to add, i tried enabling and disabling visibility. No luck, the same battery stuff. pleasz help!!

Thanks for the reply matey...
I did the following
1) run lshal -m in xterm

nothing other than battery voltage,battery reporting current and remaining time.
However, I do see the yellow bar msg on the top of the screen "Connected to Invisio G5". The headset works, no doubt

Regd. the proximity, I guess i wasnt clear.. What i meant is that my settings is set such that proximity sensors wont be deactivated, sliding out keyboard. I mean this is an additional info, if it helps debugging the above mentioned issue.

Also to add, i tried enabling and disabling visibility. No luck, the same battery stuff. pleasz help!!
Sorry for thats a wierd issue and got from couple others too. The problem is, nothing is getting caught by lshal when connecting and its leaving me clueless as well I'll start a new thread about this issue seeking help hoping there's sth else happening.
Are you saying that you have unchecked "Use Keyboard Slides" so that proximity wont be deactivated even when you slide out keyboard? If so then it should coz I just checked mine and no problem(unchecking keyboard option doesn't deactivates proximity while keyboard's slided out) and btw it shouldn't be connected to the bt headset issue.

Ok, I guess i need to wait then, right??. Anyways, regd that proximity thing, I guess we have confused over that. basically forget that. It was never a issue. I just gave u the complete scenario. as u pointed out it doesnt really matter. Btw, show i manually install any dependencies?

Ok, I guess i need to wait then, right??.
unfortunately, ya and I'm too coz my knowledge is very limited

Btw, show i manually install any dependencies?
NO.

NOTE: For until its fixed, when using proximity, if you are using BT headset and its not working the way it should, you can use your phone normally, i.e while making/answering call, by half-pressing camkey(half-press camkey and click button to call/answer). This will disable proximity for that conversation. However, proximity can be enabled by camkey button again during the same conversation.

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Sydney Australia
Hi jaeezzy,

Any update on the bluetooth headset issue.

I am still battling with this. If I answer or make a call with my bluetooth headset on the call immediatly gets re-directed to speakers. If I press the headset button on the screen it goes back to the headset, but that is a real pain and really defeats the whole reason for the bluetooth headset.

So far I have tested this on my motorolla headset, my wifes nokia headset and also my cars built in bluetooth abd all three do the same thing.

Let again state that this application of yours is in my opinion 100% the best application so far for the N900 and I love flaunting it infront of the iPhone users who are trying to press the loudspeaker button and listen to the phones at the same time.

I think the only thing outstanding is the bluetooth issue.

If you are happy to release the source I am happy to help work on the issue too.