Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 229 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by deans6571 View Post
.......just tried this app - amazing!!! Who would have thought we could actually text in portrait on our N900?!!!!

.....at the moment - is there a way to enable Capital letters?! I tried hitting everything but just could not work it out......?!

The icing on the cake for this app will be (IMO) T9 texting mode.........

Keep up the good work.........
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10139 and
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...3&postcount=41

In short, both are known issues. For future reference, please check the issue tracker and/or submit a new ticket. Thanks.

Posts: 577 | Thanked: 699 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Malta
Hi I have this input to test:

1. v0.3 is not starting but this may be more related to my phone that the app itself. I have a number of apps that wont start lately. Maybe my QT was screwed up or something. I have to still determine the culprit.

2. Using v0.2 the # key should be used to differ between abc, ABC and 123

3. Clicking on the textbox brings up the landscape qwerty keyboard.

4. In future and more stable versions one might consider integrating this with the virtual keyboard. You may try and editing a button on the virtual keyboard to trigger this app and launch it.

So far that's what I got. Incidentally does someone know if vertsms, healthcheck, trackercfg have anything in common? These are some of the apps that won't launch.

Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by pantera1989 View Post

1. v0.3 is not starting but this may be more related to my phone that the app itself. I have a number of apps that wont start lately. Maybe my QT was screwed up or something. I have to still determine the culprit.

4. In future and more stable versions one might consider integrating this with the virtual keyboard. You may try and editing a button on the virtual keyboard to trigger this app and launch it.

So far that's what I got. Incidentally does someone know if vertsms, healthcheck, trackercfg have anything in common? These are some of the apps that won't launch.

Keep up the good work.
1. Vertsms is written using pymaemo, not Qt.
2. Ignoring since this version is obsolete. Also see my links above, I've addressed the "shift" issue already.
3. Again, check the links above, this has also already been addressed, and solved. You'll have to wait until PR1.2
4. Reoccuring pattern...already addressed. The virtual keyboard is closed source so we have to make our own. I'm working on a plugin system that allows just that.

All programs use python. Perhaps you should reinstall pymaemo and see if that fixes your problems. Would be easier to diagnose your issues if there were a traceback (run the programs from the terminal).

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England

Keep up the good work.
Best thing to do is to try running them from terminal - most of them will then give you a detailed error

With healthcheck you can try (As a normal user, not root!)
Code:
python /home/opt/healthcheck/healthcheck.py
Let me know the outcome
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your replies. Sorry that I couldn't help test. Hmm..it said could not import gobject (error was: 'No module named gobject')

Hmm looking more into it it seems all I have were python related issues. Now at least I know the culprit.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-05-12 at 07:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to pantera1989 For This Useful Post:
Thanks for your replies. Sorry that I couldn't help test. Hmm..it said could not import gobject (error was: 'No module named gobject')

Hmm looking more into it it seems all I have were python related issues. Now at least I know the culprit.
From terminal:
Code:
sudo gainroot
apt-get install python2.5-gobject
if sudo gainroot doesn't work, you'll need to install rootsh from the app manager or what for the next package release of these three programs. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Todo: Add python2.5-gobject to dep list.

The Following User Says Thank You to aspidites For This Useful Post:
1st of, great job and thank you Ossipena for developing this app. It's awesome and a great start for us Maemo users. I hope this development will make it far and achieve great success!!!!

Hmm I tried with apt-get --reinstall install python-gobject..and now I'm receiving a freaking segmentation fault..

Is there a way to remove and reinstall python completely without having to remove the apps depending on it?

**Edit** Tried the wild card apt-get --reinstall install python* and well it seems I have some broken packages too. I give up. I am waiting for PR 1.2, maybe it will be fixed with a flash and I will only flash for a new firmware. Thanks for your help and sorry that I can't test.

Last edited by pantera1989; 2010-05-12 at 07:27.

Hmm I tried with apt-get --reinstall install python-gobject..and now I'm receiving a freaking segmentation fault..

Is there a way to remove and reinstall python completely without having to remove the apps depending on it?
Actually, VertSMS doesn't require python-gobject. Researching to see what package provides gobject module.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
hmmmm healthcheck does, ( Location / GPS) - but it installs it for you as a dependency......
How very odd :|
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Tags
portrait sms