Active Topics

Originally Posted by ikirk View Post
That's the thing I would expect on a high end phone - but the unit on these pictures is (IMHO) not made of aluminium. Looks like ordinary plastic sprayed silver. I wouldnt put money on the keyboard shell lasting more than a year of regular use before the paint rubs off.
Well you can see on the bottom and top sides the of the device that got different shade. Those are the small plastic parts where the antenna is like on the E7 and N8.

Eldar Murtazin said that the device is indeed all aluminium other than keyboard and the antenna parts.

Originally Posted by stlpaul View Post
Is the latest action in the Nokia vs Apple lawsuits? Nokia decides to completely copy Apple's design?

Compared to

this is a copied design? really?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Parody For This Useful Post:
Dont like it's look at all, and it looks huge, real huge...but thin...and that kb, definitly not for gaming. Those spaces are a prob for me.

Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
i wanna get my first nokia 4-row qwerty keyboard someday, but is the OS as open source as maemo?

call me whatever you want, but i just wanna know

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

The Following User Says Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gabby131 View Post
i wanna get my first nokia 4-row qwerty keyboard someday, but is the OS as open source as maemo?

call me whatever you want, but i just wanna know
n9 will have meego - that is direct descendant of maemo (and moblin)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hyartep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
Originally Posted by hyartep View Post
n9 will have meego - that is direct descendant of maemo (and moblin)
oh shoot! thanks, this is what a guy looks like when he's not reading or paying attention to details,

im still dumb to think that maemo 6 is the next maemo, i did not thought (or just forgot) that the maemo 6 is changed to meego/hamattan.

"The best way to break a Spell is to prevent it from being cast in the first place"

N900: 1000/1150mhz; sampling_rate 15; up_threshold 150000;

Whether Nokia Meego will be as "open" as Maemo is a debatable issue considering the DRM they are considering on adding (and if you modify the kernel then the DRM stuff won't work supposedly). So it depends on how invasive the DRM is.

Last I read was, the idea was you can run a non-DRMed version that lets you do whatever you want but then you don't have access to DRMed apps.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

The Following User Says Thank You to Laughing Man For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ San Diego
Something doesn't seem right... the USB connector has to be a MicroUSB and that thing doesn't look like its a MicroUSB. That's my concern right now.

Also if you look at Meego, the battery indicator is on the right... not on the left like in this phone. 10 bucks says its a fake.

Last edited by Russianhaxor; 2010-08-19 at 17:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to Russianhaxor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
The news of this device has reached the free metro newspaper in London. Anyone who knows this publication will know that means its big news as it usually deals in soundbites.

ugly. horrible edges and spacing in kb.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to luomuhappo For This Useful Post:

Tags
design, nokia n9