Active Topics

Originally Posted by charbar View Post
my card just got charged (ive been checking all day), but my ups status still shows it sitting in the LA, CA facility (should take only a day to get from LA to SF). has anyone from LA gotten their package yet? It looks from the chart no one in CA has yet?
mine also showing its sitting in LA since 12/5. LOL. I think this is because of our cheap, downgraded 5-7 day shipping. Its just taking its precious time chilling in the warehouse. Its probably is moving or in the process of right now and should arrive in bay area tomorrow.

Last edited by kev30; 2009-12-08 at 01:55.

Mine shipped out on 12/4 and was delivered today (I'm in Los Angeles). It originated in Vernon, CA. For the order going to SF, sometimes it takes UPS 2 days to get there from Southern Cali, especially during this time of year. Also, my dell status never updated with any shipping information.

Strange. It was sitting in LA for only about an hour and a half in my case (according to UPS scanners). Also had originally 3-5 days shipping and then downgraded to 5-7. I am reading most of those posts here and have yet to detect a pattern. Well, I can't complain. So far, it was all according to the dates I have been given right after I ordered on 11/5.

Originally Posted by ngacrs View Post
Mine shipped out on 12/4 and was delivered today (I'm in Los Angeles). It originated in Vernon, CA. For the order going to SF, sometimes it takes UPS 2 days to get there from Southern Cali, especially during this time of year. Also, my dell status never updated with any shipping information.
As in it never had anything update on the website or that you never got a tracking number?

Whats up everyone,

Sorry I did not update sooner (I've been busy with finals) but my N900 did arrive on Friday, 12/4/2009. Also, mine was shipped from the distribution center in TN. From what I gathered from the CS Rep that I dealt with they are shipping first to their customers who had their claims "escalated" and are filling in other orders from there. Also, their vendors have apparently received the next batch of devices (no. of units is unknown) but hopefully this means everyone's order is on the way, especially those who pre-ordered early on. My status is updated in the spreadsheet.

Good Luck.

Also, I have yet to fully dive into the device, but from what I have used so far has been very impressive (the browser is amazing ). Also, many of the problems reported with early models (e.g. mic, reboots, etc.) I have thankfully not experienced. After further usage I with post my thoughts in the first impressions thread.

Ordered on 11/18, got it today (12/7). Given that the earliest it could have shipped was 12/1, it doesn't seem so bad. Perhaps that's their game; put a crazy estimated ship date on it and then move it forward so it doesn't feel so bad.

Fun times, I figure this week I configure it, next week I play around with garage apps and over winter break I look into making my own app.

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
As in it never had anything update on the website or that you never got a tracking number?
Mine never had a tracking number; I assumed Dell didn't actually handle fullfillment but the UPS Ship From address lists Dell.

Received mine today.

For those Dell USA customers, what did you receive in the box? Looking through some youtube vids, it looks like the Euro versions included a little old school Nokia plug to micro usb adapter, whereas that seems to be missing in my USA version. Anyone else experience the same?

Originally Posted by egrims View Post
The only thing that updated was the status, stating that it was shipped. I was able to get my waybill number by looking up my invoice, and from that I figured out that I could add 1Z to the beginning of the waybill number to get the UPS tracking number.

Originally Posted by davetech View Post
Received mine today.

For those Dell USA customers, what did you receive in the box? Looking through some youtube vids, it looks like the Euro versions included a little old school Nokia plug to micro usb adapter, whereas that seems to be missing in my USA version. Anyone else experience the same?
I didn't receive that either, but I don't need it so it's not a big loss.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard