Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
v7 bug , when its loading a mms , if you click on it again and again it opens same mms many times

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ronaldo For This Useful Post:
oh nice address book intergration! Frals your a genius

between this and havoc mode this app is starting to really come together.

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
v7 bug , when its loading a mms , if you click on it again and again it opens same mms many times
ah ok as long as its know, im sure it will be sorted in next release

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 192 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Atlanta
Just FYI: I updated to 0.7 from the garage and fMMS failed to load everytime I clicked the icon.

A simple reset of the N900 fixed it and fMMS works perfectly now.

Unfortunately frals, I didn't get the log for you before I reset.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this vital project.

Nick,
Thanks for all your hardwork. A little suggestion dont know if this is a stupid suggestion but here it is;
when I receive a picture messages I get that push sms notification and upon clicking on that fmms app opens and starts to download the msg. How hard or is it even possible where; when that push sms comes in user doesnot get notified but fmms catches that and starts to download on background and when the message has been downloaded only then there will a notification saying new message?
By the way I have send you that log file using the havoc mode and for now I am using the rude mode which is working solid as a brick. but every once in a while I get that where after sending a mms I cannot open the app but once I reboot the phone it opens, when I get that again I will send you the log file.

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by malfares View Post
Hi frals. Thanx for the great work in creating fmms. I am using fmms 0.7.0 successfully recieving mms but still can not sent on yet. Can you help. Thanx.
Hi, please e-mail me your log file, instructions are in my signature and ~3-4 pages back!

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
Hi.

I can't get it to work with Vodafone Romania (Vodafone RO).
I tried all kinds of wizardry, I still get error -2 (unknown name).

I have configured a MMS access point manually and it finally connects (I even get an IP), and it has no Internet access, which kind of makes sense.

[snip]

What little I understand of WAP means that it doesn't really matter if the server has open TCP ports.
However, shouldn't "multimedia" resolve to an IP? Isn't WAP over IP?
Anything I can do to diagnose the issue?
Could you please e-mail me the log? Note your forum username in the mail as well so I can keep track - getting quite a few mails for some reason
Yes, 'multimedia' should resolve to an IP, otherwise something is wrong with the settings most likely. You could try to manually connect to the MMS APN, then try to open the MMSC url in your browser which should give you an indication if all your settings are correct at least

Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
i have the latest fmms and if i open it send a pic then close the app, it wont let me reopen it. i have to restart the phone.

is this a known bug?
Assuming you used 0.6.1, this is correct, it's fixed since 0.6.2

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Uh, yeah, this err... "feature" has been there all along actually, I'll see if I can do some trickery to fix it but it's a low priority

Originally Posted by Deaconclgi View Post
Just FYI: I updated to 0.7 from the garage and fMMS failed to load everytime I clicked the icon.

A simple reset of the N900 fixed it and fMMS works perfectly now.

Unfortunately frals, I didn't get the log for you before I reset.

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to this vital project.
I assume this was because you upgrade from 0.6.1 which had left a fmms running in the background, if you do manage to reproduce please let me know

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
Nick,
Thanks for all your hardwork. A little suggestion dont know if this is a stupid suggestion but here it is;
when I receive a picture messages I get that push sms notification and upon clicking on that fmms app opens and starts to download the msg. How hard or is it even possible where; when that push sms comes in user doesnot get notified but fmms catches that and starts to download on background and when the message has been downloaded only then there will a notification saying new message?
By the way I have send you that log file using the havoc mode and for now I am using the rude mode which is working solid as a brick. but every once in a while I get that where after sending a mms I cannot open the app but once I reboot the phone it opens, when I get that again I will send you the log file.
Well, in the later versions you don't have to click the SMS Push notification, depending on connection mode it will download it automagically - the reason the SMS Push notification is shown is to make sure you (the user) is notified there is an MMS waiting if the fetch fails. I'll see if I can wait with showing the SMS Push notification until the MMS fetching fails or something like that, but it's pretty low priority for now

Thanks everyone for testing and giving feedback! Without all of you this application would be far worse than it is today!

Btw, fMMS 0.7.0 is now in -devel!

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Just a quick one - new version is working fine for me... - wow two mms's in a week - go me!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
In havoc mode sending mms took about 1 minute.
Is this normal?

Notification (yellow label) said resizing image and it was there about 1 minute. Is it really resizing or sending or both?

.edit
After looking log file it looks like it took 1 minute on doing "connect mms apn" ->"message seems to have sent AOK!". So it didn't resize so long as notification told me, but it was actually sending/connecting APN. Maybe something to add/change. Actually resizing took couple of seconds if log file is correct.

Just installed the latest version (0.7) and what exactly does the new feature "address book intergration" mean?

Didn't notice anything different/new regarding it...or am I just blind?

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Xizor, You are bit blind but that's ok Be happy.

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python