Active Topics

In my opinon you can not compare these devices,

The iPhone is made for the big market, its made for "Users" who dont want to think and want to play with their devices and to install much rubish on theris mobiles

The N900 / every Maemo device can be used by "users" if they dont play around with apps etc. but if you want to for the reason its made for you must be a techie who knows what he does an wants solve problems an play around and is not afraid to reflash etc.

both devices have their benefits and you have to decide waht you prefer...

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I think you're right. We, mortals, just can't tell what these demigods have in their crazy minds ;p

ps: I don't know if he made any personal comments about iphone skins or not, but I heard the Apple Store (world wide) have stopped carrying screen protectors of any kinds. I guess they want to showcase the oleophobic layers put on all their gadgets... and maybe they feel the hard-glass screen is scratch-resistant enough on its own.
You'll probably find the screen has been coated with a Reality Distortion Field (tm).

Apple have been extracting it from Steve Job's arse for years.
Why do you think he looked so unwell a few months ago?

Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@metalhead89: a rational techie will even realize that reflashing for reflashing sake is a waste of time. The n900 for the most part is somewhat a hobbyist phone right now. The segment of market who can truly make use of n900 and be productive on it (or take advantage of the special features it has) is very very slim. This is coming from an ex sysadmin. Yeah, I'd really be in heaven to make use of n900's *nix compatibility and various remote capabilities if I still have to handle servers, but I've moved on/up. Those features are not on the top of my list anymore and I can't get over how inferior the email client that comes with N900 is and that there's no viable alternative for it out there (not claws).

@johnel: I've been pocketing my 3GS with my housekeys for a year now. It has invisible shield for the back\sides but nothing on the screen. Not a scratch...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Well there's a nice blog which gives you pretty much a clear picture of why you shouldn't bother with an iPhone.

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
Well there's a nice blog which gives you pretty much a clear picture of why you shouldn't bother with an iPhone.
Wow, how can he afford to spend all that time just writing anti-apple posts. Unfortunately he's way too biased, otherwise there are actually good nuggets of info in his posts.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

>> Applications are few when compared to iPhone but generally better quality due to the close niche of the community.

I find this ironic as many of these community apps are still in extras dev, and as EVERYONE here says to a first timer, if you install from extras dev you risk bricking your phone lolers.

So whats a first timer to think. heh

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Wow, how can he afford to spend all that time just writing anti-apple posts. Unfortunately he's way too biased, otherwise there are actually good nuggets of info in his posts.
With engadget being litterally owned by apple, billions of dollars invested in who knows what other tech sites and gizmondo being harassed for criticizing iphone, I think it would be necessary to be another 10 large sites to post news like this (or rather old burried storries) for things not to be biased.

Originally Posted by Bec View Post
With engadget being litterally owned by apple, billions of dollars invested in who knows what other tech sites and gizmondo being harassed for criticizing iphone, I think it would be necessary to be another 10 large sites to post news like this (or rather old burried storries) for things not to be biased.
Heavily biased writings like that won't change anyone's mind, at least not the type that you'd probably want.

See also: Fox News Channel

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
well in my opinion i would keep the n900 has a phone and mini computer and buy an ipod touch for the apps and gaming side they both have there advantages so a good pair to haveand the ipos touch under half the price of the phone then you have the perfect non boredom experience.

Anyhoo I subscribed since that blog has a LOT of valid statements and it's an important decision factor after reading the first 20 unbiased apple sponsored iProduct reviews that show up in google.

Doesn't take a genius to tell an objective review from something written by Steve himself

Tags
dumb and dumber, this is so sad