Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
Still I hope 2.0 brings faster scrolling and rendering and mouse cursor support.
Try the add-on 'Fastest Scroll in the West'.

It actually does have cursor support (kinda), but unfortunately the cursor is not visible.
Registered Linux user #266531.

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
Must I change it in true or false?
The default is 'true' which is disabled. You must change both to 'false' to enable flash. It sounds kinda backwards, but that's how it is.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following User Says Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Hello, RWFarley!

I have thought about a workaround, which in best case works, in middle case does nothing, in worst case erases bookmarks from mobile.
So make a backup of bookmarks first.

1. On PC: enter your login, password and NEW Secret Phrase. It will erase all bookmarks from server; that's why bookmarks from mobile should be back-uped.
2. On mobile, somehow make Sync to be aware of the new Secret Phrase and then click "Sync now". It should merge (I hope; I don't know exact functions of the button, and I cannot test it myself, because I cannot log into Sync on mobile, because mobile has Internet not more than one minute in a month, because...) bookmarks from mobile and computer. In worst case, it will replace bookmarks on mobile with bookmarks from computer (that's why I pledge you to backup mobile bookmarks before starting).

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by Wikiwide View Post
Hello, RWFarley!

I have thought about a workaround, which in best case works, in middle case does nothing, in worst case erases bookmarks from mobile.
So make a backup of bookmarks first.
How do I back up the bookmarks. "Preferences only has 8 items:
)About FireFox
)Language
)Start Page
)Show Images
)Enable Javascript
)Allow Cookies
)Remember Passwords (Y/N)
)Clear Private data

If I can back up the bookmarks from my N900, is there any way to "restore" them onto my PC? If so, where is the file saved on the N900?

Originally Posted by RWFarley View Post
How do I back up the bookmarks. "Preferences only has 8 items:
)About FireFox
)Language
)Start Page
)Show Images
)Enable Javascript
)Allow Cookies
)Remember Passwords (Y/N)
)Clear Private data

If I can back up the bookmarks from my N900, is there any way to "restore" them onto my PC? If so, where is the file saved on the N900?
You can use the Weave Sync add-on instead?

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
The default is 'true' which is disabled. You must change both to 'false' to enable flash. It sounds kinda backwards, but that's how it is.
Hi,
both I have now set to false and for example http://www.flashearth.com don't work.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
@xuggs: RWFarley has wiped PC and forgotten Secret Phrase, so he cannot take bookmarks to PC from Sync; if he makes new Secret Phrase, he deletes all data from Mozilla Sync server; the only place where he can access his bookmarks now is N900 (PC wiped, server encrypted with forgotten Secret Phrase).

@RWFarley:
All settings and bookmarks and extensions of Fennec are stored in /home/user/.mozilla/fennec
I hope you can copy this folder and all its contents to a safe place
Like in XTerm

cp -R /home/user/.mozilla/fennec /home/user/MyDocs/.documents/fennec

Then the backup will be stored in Documents->fennec. You can see it in File Manager. It can then be accessed from PC by USB in Mass Storage Mode.

In Firefox 3, bookmarks are stored in the places.sqlite file. As you have nothing to lose on PC, I recommend you to try and copy places.sqlite from Fennec on N900 to Firefox on PC. It's stored on PC in folder

%APPDATA%/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/xxxxxxxx.default

and on N900 in directory

/home/user/.mozilla/fennec/xxxxxxxx.default

You can try copying "places.sqlite-journal", together with "places.sqlite", to your PC.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
Hi,
both I have now set to false and for example http://www.flashearth.com don't work.
You will need to restart firefox after making those changes.

Posts: 151 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Düsseldorf
Originally Posted by xuggs View Post
You will need to restart firefox after making those changes.
I restarted it a few times but it don't appear... and I've restarted the whole device, too. But no flash... what do I wrong?

Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
This 1.1 release is definitely fast.
My N900 loads the page faster then http://www.technobuffalo.com/blog/mo...hone-smackdown

around 11:30 something they are loading www.technobuffalo.com and my N900 is just a fraction faster than the Droid X and way faster than the iPhone

-my internet connection is considered avarage good adsl
-add ons to FF 1.1: Noscript (total lockdown) and adblock plus - which might be speeding up page loading as well

One remark though: I had to overclock the device to make 1.1 smooth. I simply could not expect to receive incoming calls in the minutes I following the opening of a new webpage in a tab in FF1.1. No ringing sound, missed call afterwards. The phone application didn't seem to get through. Only a while after webpages had been loaded the device was displaying incoming mobile phone calls.
Now with overclock to max 850mhz everything is smoother and no more such problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:

Tags
fennec, firefox