I noticed the link that Viipottaja posted says the usb connector has been changed from mini to micro. That's a bummer. I never manage to keep the original cables around, but as mini-usb has become so much of a standard I always have another laying around somewhere. Changing to micro-usb (which I have never even seen) seems like a not-so-well thought out change.

EDIT: Another super-bummer: Only one memory card slot, and now it's mini-SD? What an extreme mistake that is. Now it's certain that I'm never going to buy an N810, despite the internal 2GB of flash (which is in itself an improvement). Now I'm seriously worried that Nokia will never come up with an actual improved N800. I'll _never_ buy a device which doesn't support full SD. And even an internal 2GB flash won't make me get a single-slotted device, I already have more than 2GB of files that I need to keep permanently installed.

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-10-17 at 16:53.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Micro is the way to go in the future, so probably you'll have micro cables laying around in a few months time.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Sounds like they are going to update the n800 to the new OS soon. The changes for the new device are interesting, but are too incremental for me to want to make the switch, especially since I just bought my n800 a couple of months ago. The specs between the two are close enough to lead me to believe that the n800 will be relevant for at least a little while longer, especially if Nokia keeps supporting the n800 with updates, as promised.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Ick, no real specs bump. Guess I'm stuck waiting for the N900. Too bad.
The processor bump to 400mhz will help things though. But do they support the OMAPs hardware graphics acceleration yet?

Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
The specs are out (most of them at least):

http://www.symbian-guru.com/welcome/...mment-86709312

http://www.nseries.com/index.html?l=...=products,n810

Nokia specs page:

http://www.nseries.com/nseries/v3/me...810_en_R1.html

NOTE: "3.5 mm stereo headphone plug (Nokia AV Connector) "

Does this mean TV/video out?

Sorry if I am bouble posting, having probs with this site today.
AV connector = 3.5 mm mini jack with four connections (ground, left, right and mic, or ground, left, right and video -- AFAIK Nokia always used the former); it's just a name.

The press release says the OS can be updated on the N800 as well. Good news for all of you N800 owners! I skipped the N800.. N810, here I come baby!

ps. see the specs thread too (stereo bluetooth, UnPN, video out?, ton of media formats)... sweet!

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
n95 has video out as well.

Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Originally Posted by Viipottaja View Post
The press release says the OS can be updated on the N800 as well.
Yes it can... and it works very well indeed...

Lol.. ok, so do tell us a bit more about the tweaks.. how's the new browser, how well do videos play, how's the finger control, etc. etc.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
and here is the back side: