Notices

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
had the same problem.

uninstalled all plugins ran canola tuning and reinstalled everything. i did not succeed the first time but tried again and it worked.

requests for canola2 team

1. av sync in youtube videos. mytube does that why not

2. full screen stretched video like old canola

2. internet radio stream information.

So far so good with the new updates. The coverart is a lot better now, even though I noticed I still have a problem of albums appearing more than once or not at all (there is a blank area where an album should be. For some reason I can't click the top two left album covers no matter what. For what it's worth, the tracks are ~90% ogg vorbis files.

As for the video thumbnails, I have it scan my mytube directory and most of the flv files thumbnails come up showing black. I believe this is due to the thumbnails being taken too early in the video. The thumbnails should be snapped considerably further into the video.

Last edited by st5150; 2008-10-16 at 21:36.

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Mexico
Ok, finally fixed Canola, first I uninstalled Canola, then installed Canola and tried to run it, it worked fine, then installed Canola tuning, it worked fine, then installed 1 plugin (youtube), it worked, installed themes, it's still working, installed last.fm plugin, and still works.
Looks like installing everything together before running canola for the first time breaks the plugins.

I fixed it as well, this thread helped:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=23902
Basically that issue arises when you install a partial version 10 of Canola.

FOr me I went into my repositories and first tried disabling just the extras-development repository, then uninstalled and re-installed. I still had the same issue.

I went back into my repositories, and disabled all my repositories except for the Maemo Extras which contains Canola 9. I uninstalled and re-installed and Voila`!
NOw it works!

I'm having an issue with podcasts not "sticking" when I add them to Canola. I have posted a bug report (#2945) in the garage.

Basically, when I add an url for a podcast Canola searches for the feed and then adds it to the list. However, when I leave the podcast setup screen and go into the podcast "listen" screen most of the added podcasts are no longer there.

It doesn't seem like specific podcasts are being dropped. It seems random. Every time I try to add any podcast, something from my list is dropped.

I've tried running the Canola cleanup and reinstalling but it didn't help anything.

I just ran canola -vvv in Xterm but the output was too long to copy/paste. Is there a way to export this output directly to a file so I can put it here?

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Code:
canola --v >/media/mmc1/canola.log
redirects the log to a file (on the external MMC in this example).

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
had the same problem.

uninstalled all plugins ran canola tuning and reinstalled everything. i did not succeed the first time but tried again and it worked.

requests for canola2 team

1. av sync in youtube videos. mytube does that why not
Sachin : this has been explained a couple of time :
Mytube is not "using" mplayer. It really opens mplayer window and plays the video.
then what you have it's a fullscreen mplayer playing the video. Mplayer embbedded mode... the one that we use (so we can draw the video inside canola) has issues, with performance and AV sync... we are trying to figure out how to solve this but looks harder than we thought.

2. full screen stretched video like old canola
Stretched? You mean to take the whole screen?

2. internet radio stream information.
note taken!

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
OK, I've been using Beta9 on N800, but where do you get the beta10 files?

Thanks.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Originally Posted by handful View Post
Stretched? You mean to take the whole screen?
I think he means the aspect ratio bug where the video was stretched across the whole screen, no matter what the original aspect ratio was. I personally don't like this stretching and would rather prefer a letterbox view to e.g. crop off black borders from some 4:3 videos.

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Code:
canola --v >/media/mmc1/canola.log
redirects the log to a file (on the external MMC in this example).
Duh! That makes sense. I keep forgetting that this is basically a mini linux system.

Anyway, here's the log. Hopefully there's something in it that helps.

----------------------------------------

Nevermind. For whatever reason I can't post the file. I guess that's ok though since nothing got put into the file to begin with.

Tags
beta10, canola2, installation