Active Topics

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Savannah, GA
Originally Posted by skase
I went to check on my 770 order today and the status went to "processed on Nov 18 2005 ". (changed from the Nov 14th date)
So maybe there is hope that we can get this by T-Giving?) I want my new toy!
I'm seeing the same thing I saw yesterday. Not that that puts any of us any closer.

Robert

Last edited by Robert Gadd (OnPoint); 2005-11-18 at 14:37. Reason: Fix misspelling

My account this morning said processed on the 18th. I thought it may be close then I checked back later and it was back to the 14th.

It's been so inconsistent, who knows what's going on.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Probably a Windows based ordering system

There's one of two things going on. Either their stock levels are hideously low and we're screwed (nevermind the fact I live in Canada so I'm screwed on getting one anyway), or the response is so overwhelming (which is good) that they don't have a chance in hell of keeping up.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a little bit of both. The fact nobody seems to know what's going on eludes to the first point being true.

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
And in other news, the Buy Now option is back. However, in eye-burning red text:

Dear Nokia Customer,
Current orders for the Nokia 770 Internet Tablet are not expected to be fulfilled before December 2005. Orders are filled in the order received. Your credit card will not be charged until your product is available for shipment. We will also send you a Shipment Notification email at that time so you can track your order.

I'm Canadian and they still called me customer, cute! (Sorry, I'm still bitter over this)

Can anyone call Nokia and see if we can get a conformation of the rumor that they were in stock and shipping pre orders today? It would be nice, but I think the post was made around midnight...!?

Originally Posted by Treponema
Can anyone call Nokia and see if we can get a conformation of the rumor that they were in stock and shipping pre orders today? It would be nice, but I think the post was made around midnight...!?
I just called Nokia. The woman I was speaking to didn't hear about this but she did say that they do still expect a shipment of the 770s in before December.

I still think it would be nice if Nokia said _something_ official.

Mel

I just spoke with Myra at Nokia orders. She stated that they did not know when they would be getting the units. When I asked if we were talking about days or weeks, she said that they hoped to have them before December, but she stressed that the information was unconfirmed and not guaranteed.

So much for my overnight order.

Thanks for checking! I think the worst thing is just not knowing... if they would keep us all up to date we would be a lot less unhappy- even if there is a long delay.

I still find humour in that I don't think Nokia has dealt with legions of geeks before. I doubt Motorola had this kind of grumpy response from trendy kids before their RAZR phones were released

Yeah, I think it's funny too. Maybe all the "attention" will wake them up a bit?