Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Mike

we will take a look at this issue, need to see what is happening to the covers. Did you marked all the sources in the covers? strange behavior..

Lot's of work ahead

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Just wanted to thank etrunko & Canola Team for update to allow us to now install Canola2 on Diablo OS without frigging any package locations.

I have (last couple of days) installed Canola2 (Diablo OS) using the OS Application Manager along with the YouTube, LastFM and Theme plugins. Canola operates just fine fine and dandy !

I have noted (in my case?) a minor problem with the Cover Art option of My Music. The small thumbnails never seem to be correctly updated (Grey ?) even though when playing a whole album or track from an album; the now playing options correctly display the larger album art!

I used built in cover art plugin and switched from "embedded only" option to all options selected i.e. local covers, embedded covers, LastFM & Amazon. (Updated my covers to see if it made any difference?)

I have embedded art and local covers (Folder.jpg) for all my music stored on a 4Gb MMC, the embedded appear to be the only album art available to me via Canola2 with no option to change any cover alternatives i.e. Amazon or Last.FM offerings? (Was connected to internet at time of cover updates)

Apologies if above is already a known and reported problem with cover art plugin.
Similiar issues here - appears that all cover art is being downloaded from various sources (multiple cover .jpgs in covers directory) however is does not look like the large covers are being resized by canola. There are no cover-small files to match the large covers.

Doug

Last edited by rauschd; 2008-07-29 at 01:37. Reason: Forgot sig

Originally Posted by fredoll View Post
Just Seen Canola2 2.0.0~beta9-maemo2 appear in Extras but it cannot be upgraded because it deoends on liblightmediascanner0 (=0.1.10-maemo2) which is not present (in Extras or Extras-Devel).

Went to Red Pill mode and I found an update for liblightmediascanner0 (0.1.10-maemo3) in Extras ...

I suppose there is no new feature or bug fix in this release ... but you know how it is : very hard to see a new version and not be able to install it ...

Hope this helps

Fred

Hummm... Let me guess: You seem to have installed the chinook version right? And maybe ogg-support-lightmediscanner? Lightmediascanner in diablo does not include ogg support due to the new maemo build system, which requires all dependencies to be in extras-devel and unfortunately it's still not the case of ogg (the ones provided by Tuomas Kulve) packages.

Hum, I got an update today (ok, maybe not today because I have not updated my n810 for a while) and Canola work fine for me now. I will post the exact version of the packages if someone want it.

Originally Posted by rauschd View Post
Similiar issues here - appears that all cover art is being downloaded from various sources (multiple cover .jpgs in covers directory) however is does not look like the large covers are being resized by canola. There are no cover-small files to match the large covers.

Doug
I have the same issue. However all of my art is embedded. I did leave all of the options checked but it doesn't matter. The art displays correctly in the now playing but it is blank in the cover flow like view.

Originally Posted by Comitizer View Post
I have the same issue. However all of my art is embedded. I did leave all of the options checked but it doesn't matter. The art displays correctly in the now playing but it is blank in the cover flow like view.
Hy Guys, just to let you know I placed Cover arts (actually tuning + scanner) in high priority for beta10. Let's see if we can find files / covers / that are problematic and fix them. If you an "isolate" problematic files and send to us.. we will gladly add them to the test database and make sure the scanner is not crashing / covers is not dying on them!

if you have doubts how to do so..please private message me!

Marcelo

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Hy Guys, just to let you know I placed Cover arts (actually tuning + scanner) in high priority for beta10.
When (roughly) is that due out?

Hi Guys,

About the button on the phone we talked internally about that and I think Pycage or the other player guys did it so it's not a real problem. And it shouldn't be a problem to canola because you have the basic hardware support now, and better, improved is coming.

Originally Posted by rauschd View Post

Doug
Same here.
Occured after a fresh reflashing and on fresh canola instalation. Worked on Diablo befor reflashing.

Yah this seems like a wrong library dependencie problems, lets hope the new version doesn't bring those problems back, and also improve the support.

MArcelo