The french store have it for 599 Euros.

Of course out of stock
Now for 649€ in the French store...

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Well it's better than the UK store :-(

http://shop.nokia.co.uk/nokia-uk/sea...x?keyword=n900

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
If you don't know what double-tap is, watch qgil's demo video again. It's quickly shown before the swirling zoom.
When I looked, I saw a double-click-to-focus that focused on the wrong thing. I imagine it must be a trick of the filming, because choosing the right part of the DOM model of the page is reasonably well researched. For instance, the YARIP extension to FireFox understands how to do it...

The Following User Says Thank You to Alan_Peery For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
My one gripe: it's not already in my hands!

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
There were lots of different versions by different third-party suppliers. There was no official Nintendo version.
Nice that there was some third party support.. and replacement parts.. and upgrades.. and, man---I weep about the way Nokia has handled the Tablets sometimes.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
600 EUR in NL. Should have a standard QWERTY keyboard.

(Still CC only)

Last edited by allnameswereout; 2009-09-01 at 20:11.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Nice that there was some third party support.. and replacement parts.. and upgrades.. and, man---I weep about the way Nokia has handled the Tablets sometimes.
Third party accessories appear when a product is big enough to warrant them. Most Nintendo gaming systems have achieved that level of success. Nokia phones regularly achieve that level of success. The tablets saw screen protectors, automotive mounts, and cases, but never grew large enough to spark an explosion of accessories.

You can fault Nokia for not advertising the tablets, though that appears to have been by deliberate design, but it's not as though they actively prevented other companies from producing accessories.

As for NOA's repair service during the era of the original Game Boy, I wasn't overly impressed. When our NES died, we had to drive two hours the nearest authorized repair drop-off point--a kiosk in a mall--and return a few weeks later when the repair was finished. My last name and old address are still scrawled in black marker on the bottom of both controllers and the console itself, as the kiosk employee warned us that Nintendo often lost units otherwise.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-09-01 at 19:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
The Fremantle SDK looks like crap and feels like crap. I wonder how Nokia wants to attract lots of developers with such an ugly, partially inverse-colored, and sluggish SDK.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Third party accessories appear when a product is big enough to warrant them. Most Nintendo gaming systems have achieved that level of success. Nokia phones regularly achieve that level of success. The tablets saw screen protectors, automotive mounts, and cases, but never grew large enough to spark an explosion of accessories.

You can fault Nokia for not advertising the tablets, though that appears to have been by deliberate design, but it's not as though they actively prevented other companies from producing accessories.

As for NOA's repair service during the era of the original Game Boy, I wasn't overly impressed. When our NES died, we had to drive two hours the nearest authorized repair drop-off point--a kiosk in a mall--and return a few weeks later when the repair was finished. My last name and old address are still scrawled in black marker on the bottom of both controllers and the console itself, as the kiosk employee warned us that Nintendo often lost units otherwise.
Meanwhile, if I want to get my tablet fixed, I have to mail it somewhere else in the world and be without it for well over a month and HOPE that someone will mail it back to me.

I'd rather at LEAST have a kiosk in a mall with a receipt showing that I'd dropped it off in case I never saw it again. :P

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
or have it returned unfixed because your in the wrong part of the world vs where it was supposed to be sold...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post: