Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 324 | Thanked: 371 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver, BC
Originally Posted by ofels View Post
From time to time feedingit garbles its database which then leads to a complete reconfiguration/import of my feeds
Thanks for the report. This is fixed in my dev version.

Now that the Olympics are over, I hope to get back to more regular releases, starting next week-end.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates in the past few weeks, but I've been busy with rehearsals for the Olympic Ceremonies!
You actually performed at the Olympic Ceremonies? Can you tell us more about it?

Originally Posted by ddwalker View Post
You actually performed at the Olympic Ceremonies? Can you tell us more about it?
Indeed I did. I was part of the Athlete Marshals cast, the people dressed all in white on the side of the field when athletes march in and exit during the Opening, and the Closing ceremonies. We also did the big maple leaf with flares at the end of the poet section in the Opening.
It was a surreal experience that I will never forget. And just to get this somewhat on topic, the N900 and offline RSS feed reading really helped in passing the many hours of waiting around during rehearsals! .
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Hi everyone:
I am beginner both of maemo and english, .i have a problem on my maemo SDK.i try to run feedingit but it doesn't work only show the titles and "Loading...."I don't know how to make it work.
Thanks.

[sbox-FREMANTLE_X86: ~/1] > Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FeedingIt.py", line 621, in createWindow
self.orientation = FremantleRotation("FeedingIt", main_window=self.window)
File "/home/opt/FeedingIt/portrait.py", line 68, in __init__
self._last_dbus_orientation = self._get_current_orientation()
File "/home/opt/FeedingIt/portrait.py", line 84, in _get_current_orientation
if self._send_mce_request('get_device_orientation', True) \
File "/home/opt/FeedingIt/portrait.py", line 132, in _send_mce_request
use_system_bus=True)
File "rpc.pyx", line 73, in osso.rpc.Rpc.rpc_run (osso/rpc.c:2137)
File "helper.pyx", line 65, in osso.rpc._set_exception (osso/rpc.c:1240)
osso.exceptions.OssoRPCException: The name com.nokia.mce was not provided by any .service files

Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
feedingit now can not be launched on my N900 , just keep loading and loading . 2 days ago , it runs smoothly . It can be some software conflicts but can hardly remember which software has been updated or installed .

The "back " icon on the top right is really not good for portrait mode reading on my left hand . Most of time , I 'd like to read something when eating alone .

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by gaorui View Post
Hi everyone:
I am beginner both of maemo and english, .i have a problem on my maemo SDK.i try to run feedingit but it doesn't work only show the titles and "Loading...."I don't know how to make it work.
Thanks.
Hi Gaorui - I think you need to put this into a new post - or a post already about the SDK - this is for the FeedingIt RSS Reader.
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Originally Posted by gaorui View Post
osso.exceptions.OssoRPCException: The name com.nokia.mce was not provided by any .service files
Hi Gaorui. You'll need to install MCE in scratchbox, and then have it running (it's a bit of a pain, and keeps crashing for me every minute and has to be restarted). This is a daemon that is needed for the auto-rotation. Alternatively, comment (add #) the 2 lines in Feedingit.py starting with "self.orientation" (around line 621).

Originally Posted by deter3 View Post
feedingit now can not be launched on my N900 , just keep loading and loading .
@deter3: It's a known problem in this version, the feed gets mangled up. You can reset the feed list by typing on the X-Terminal:
mv /home/user/.feedingit/feeds.pickle /home/user
Unfortunately, you'll have to reimport the feeds.
The next version fixes that (no promise, but should be hitting extras-devel this week-end).

The Following User Says Thank You to Slocan For This Useful Post:
Posts: 99 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ shanghai , China
Originally Posted by Slocan View Post
@deter3: It's a known problem in this version, the feed gets mangled up. .
Thanks for the info . Meantime , Is there any one reporting N900 becomes more responsivness after uninstallation of feedingit ? I just noticed it , do not know it has something to do with ' disconnect ' or ' feedingit ' . Anyway , looking forward to the next version .