Notices

ah i see thanks pal, i may give it another try later in that case. I know the names of the games was fine but didnt remove the read me files from within the zips

i will post progress later, cheers

This GUI is good and simple to use. The only drawback is the keyboard mapping screen: could be easier to remap and add 2players support (for thoses using Ps3 controller/external keyboard...)
I also noticed that the gngeo binary itself segfault when it switch from windowed to fullscreen (like when you minimize then maximize)

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
This GUI is good and simple to use. The only drawback is the keyboard mapping screen: could be easier to remap and add 2players support (for thoses using Ps3 controller/external keyboard...)
I also noticed that the gngeo binary itself segfault when it switch from windowed to fullscreen (like when you minimize then maximize)
Thanks for the compliment...
I had the remark about the key config before. I will put it on my todo list (including the 2 player config). Now all I have to do is find spare time for this

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by Kevstacey View Post
ive tried:

/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo --scandir /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/kof2k4se.zip

and get:
ShortName:LongName:Filename

if i had a list of the exact files i need and where they go, it may help more.

cheers ade

@jamesbond@ge: its been a pain in the orofice for me too pal lol especially when i dont usually have problems following guides on here even using xterm! we'll get there in the end pal ha
I think you should not include the zp file on this comand
/opt/gngeo/bin/gngeo --scandir /home/user/MyDocs/emu-roms/neogeo/kof2k4se.zip
Go just until neogeo, this comand is to show the roms you have 'scandir' means scan directory I think.
Also I put my roms on MyDocs/roms folder, bios stay unzziped in this same folder, follow my Tutorial, it's the easiest thing to do. Problem is that are many different kind of roms versions etc and bios , you must find the right combinations, some games I can't get to work, other I can. BTW, I leave the games on MyDocs/roms because some of them I can use for Mame or SDLmame programs and not waste my N900's memory.
And, if you have installed Gngeo following my Tutorial and start from the X-Terminal your roms and bios must be on MyDocs/Roms otherwise you will get 'romset not supported' or similar.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Originally Posted by ade View Post
kof2k4se.zip doesn't work for me either (Unknow or unsupported romset.)

Start with zipped games like Metal Slug, Last Resort, King of Fighters of Shock Troopers. They work for me.
Strange, this rom works for me, try to get more bios or check your drives file, see if it has 'kof2k4se.rc' on romrc file.

Originally Posted by gleydsonpr View Post
Strange, this rom works for me, try to get more bios or check your drives file, see if it has 'kof2k4se.rc' on romrc file.
I found another kof2k4se.zip that works (and therefore shows up in gngeo-gui). So in this case it's a matter of the correct gameroms.

anyone got working mslug 3-5?,

I cannot nail the correct rom sets, tried everything already (decrypting roms with different programs, repack them, different settings in romrc).

Originally Posted by pcekper View Post
anyone got working mslug 3-5?,

I cannot nail the correct rom sets, tried everything already (decrypting roms with different programs, repack them, different settings in romrc).
Just did some testing. I got mslug 4 en 5 working. Mslug 3 is still a problem in gngeo I guess.

P.s. any plans to restart your work on the N900 gngeo version ?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Then I guess I need to download another rom set of Metal Slug 4 & 5

Just pushed version 0.0.3-1 to the autobuilder.

For the people who asked for the option to configure the buttons by pressing them: next to the "old" methode you can now press the desired key. The related new ASCII value will also be shown when a keyboard-key is pressed.

Last edited by ade; 2011-06-09 at 19:25.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: