Active Topics

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Near St. Albans UK
Originally Posted by tanwg View Post
I wasn't really scrutinising the internals... I was rushing since i have a kid to take care and houshold work to do haha.

The first cyan case i got from freetrade21 has some speaker problems. So i think his cases are not 100% good. But i am lucky the white one is good. Weird thing is the blue one came from Hong Kong and the white one came from Sweden!

If it is your first time changeing, please please use a good screwdriver and take care not to strip the screws.

watch the videos and detach/attach the usb cover at the correct angle, so as not to bend it

these are the more difficult parts when i first did it.
thanks for the advice! I plan on buying some good screw drivers! can anyone recommend some?

my white case from freetrade21 was also via sweden? maybe he has some connection there and the are real? did your cyan one have CE markings on it?

Posts: 82 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Singapore
both my cyan and white casings have CE markings on them. But I would think that the CE marking is an easy thing to fake.

both my cyan and white casings have CE markings on them. But I would think that the CE marking is an easy thing to fake.
I guess, although i have heard some people say there housings had other markings and not CE markings! They would probably still have a CE mark anyway as they are shipped internationally

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Did it today after borrowing a Dremel and removing the stuck screws:

More pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/thp4/se...7630279222804/

Originally Posted by thp View Post

been looking at your photos and quite impressed with the effort! still building up the courage ti do this! how is the speaker performing? is the falsh ok? the two housings look near identical! you too have numbers written on the ribbons whwereas your black housing does not! I have yellow writing near the speaker yours has black writing! not sure what this means?

how would you rate you new housing? real? all bits line up perfectly by the looks of it!

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
how is the speaker performing? is the falsh ok?
Speaker works okay, can't hear a noticeable difference. Flash works (both bright light and "red" video recording). Also tested: Buttons, headphone jack, front camera (using "Simple Mirror" from Store).

Originally Posted by Grazy View Post
how would you rate you new housing? real? all bits line up perfectly by the looks of it!
I called somebody today and they said that they understand me now clearer than before (but that might be because my original old housing / microphone had some problems since the beginning). Also, my old housing was squeaking a bit when you squeezed it on the lower left edge, this is gone with the new one (but again, it seems like my original housing was a bit bad in general).

In general, I'm quite happy with it so far. I noticed a small dent at the back near the silver camera thingie, but not sure if it came like that or if I did this. It's nothing functional, just a cosmetic thingie, and not really noticeable until you look really closely.

Originally Posted by thp View Post

Great job on the housing replacement!

I like your standby screen with the added date and battery info. May I know how did you get that?

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
billboard standby screen its thp's app available on the store. A must for every n9 ....

nope you need to buy the glass/LCD separately.
So if I have scratched gorilla glass I can buy it somewhere to replace mine? Do you know where from?

Originally Posted by rajveer View Post
So if I have scratched gorilla glass I can buy it somewhere to replace mine? Do you know where from?
Just search ebay for "nokia n9 display" - because the glass is attached to the screen it comes as 1 unit (you can't just replace the glass itself)