Active Topics

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Hello fellows yesterday It came to me update notification and I have made it for cssu and kernel power and finally I have kp 52 on my device but the problem is that is it eating the battery fast and running out faster

Is there any way to control the battery consumption like the stock kp consumption ????

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Originally Posted by salahkhani View Post
and finally I have kp 52 on my device but the problem is that is it eating the battery fast and running out faster
Exactly what I noticed (just switched to kp52 a few says ago).

Could you please give output of
Code:
in x-term (did not reveal anything to me) and also -if powertop installed-
Code:
sudo powertop >out; sleep 5; sudo powertop >> out; sleep 5; sudo powertop >> out
with device in idle mode and keyboard/screen closed? Attach the file 'out' here (looked normal to me, except around 1500 wakeups from kernel tick and device did not enter C4 state).

Solution:
Please try the following.
shut down
pull battery
press power button for 3 seconds (or a bit longer)
insert battery
start up

This solved it for me. And it was not the first time, already noticed that at least one maybe two times before after upgrading kp.

So if this is confirmed by another guy and my procedure to be the solution, maybe it is worth to mention in first post(s) of kp thread(s), pali?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 196 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ United Arab Emirates, Dubai
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Exactly what I noticed (just switched to kp52 a few says ago).

Could you please give output of
Code:
in x-term (did not reveal anything to me) and also -if powertop installed-
Code:
sudo powertop >out; sleep 5; sudo powertop >> out; sleep 5; sudo powertop >> out
with device in idle mode and keyboard/screen closed? Attach the file 'out' here (looked normal to me, except around 1500 wakeups from kernel tick and device did not enter C4 state).

Solution:
Please try the following.
shut down
pull battery
press power button for 3 seconds (or a bit longer)
insert battery
start up

This solved it for me. And it was not the first time, already noticed that at least one maybe two times before after upgrading kp.

So if this is confirmed by another guy and my procedure to be the solution, maybe it is worth to mention in first post(s) of kp thread(s), pali?

Thanks for the reply didnt understand what was the result from top too much information but I did you method by pulling out the battery and so on

so what's your expectation from this method to appear??

thanks again

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
so what's your expectation from this method to appear??
Your N900 should immediately illuminate itself and fly high up to the sky. It will return to you like a boomerang and bring with it a lot of fun and knowledge ...

Just joking
But what do you think what I experienced to give you that solution?

How is your experience right now?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Your N900 should immediately illuminate itself and fly high up to the sky. It will return to you like a boomerang and bring with it a lot of fun and knowledge ...

Just joking
But what do you think what I experienced to give you that solution?

How is your experience right now?
Thanks my friend for your advice
I had the experience and it wasn't please
Battery drain faster than I had expected lasting for one day only and it shuts down- getting some heat

when I checked the health check cpu menu only the min 500 and max 850 and no less than those speed

So i relfashed the kernel back to normal stock and thanks God it is working perfect and lasting long

Only the issue is the camera is not working and not saving

Kernel is not ready yet to be installed in our devices until they figure out how to maintain the heat and battery drain

Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Kernel is not ready yet to be installed in our devices until they figure out how to maintain the heat and battery drain

I've had an issue similar to yours, namely seeing increased battery drain.

Never found the culprit.

But I reflashed, installed latest KP and CSSU plus apps I really needed and now it uses even less battery than stock.

Running [500,850] or [500,900] - the overclocking doesn't hit the battery.

Trust me, something else is causing your problem, not this kernel.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
New version of package fiasco-image-update-ask is in extras-testing. Please vote for promoting this package to extras. Package is needed for kernel-power and u-boot to ask if you really want to change kernel version when installing u-boot or any kernel package

http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...pdate-ask/0.3/

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
And kernel-power-settings 0.17 is finally in extras-testing. Please vote for it:
http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...settings/0.17/

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
thanks alot my friend and hope will get better but for me I have returned it to stock kernel cause it 's himreging the battery so batter as I have just charged it full and after 3 hours it starts showing low battery even thaugh am not using it just checking the battery condition

minimum speed was 125 and max was 600 and till now didn't understand why it was draining the battery soooooooooooo quickely

One more thing I have to add is that after returning to stock kernel it is working fine and even the battery consumption not that much which means that it lasts long.

But when I have tried to use my bluetooth.... it won't work or connenct to a handset bluetooth or receiving any pictures or videos

only sending is ok and detecting other devices wroks fine but

receiving from other devices fails so what do you think folk!!!!

Tags
kernel, kernel-power, kernel-power52