Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Also, I just got near a computer, so when I get some time maybe today, I'll patch the CONFIG_CMDLINE_OVERRIDE option to my sources and recompile it (and modules) for you.
So, here you are

This archive has the modules and the kernel to be flashed like a regular kernel to boot SailfishOS directly from mmcblk0p4 (No uboboot required for this now...)
http://www.swagman.org/juice/SFOS_boot_for_p4.tar

Before using, untar the modules under /lib/modules/2.6.32.54 of your sailfish partition.
Then, flash the kernel with "sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32-54_boot4 --flash-only=kernel -f -R"

Have fun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 385 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Madrid, Spain
Hi.
I can't wait to test it!
I think I'll get back home early tomorrow just to try it. Hopefully the only problem left will be to repartition to use the whole 16GB of disk space.
Thank you again and I'll report as soon as I test it.
Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pasko View Post
Hi.
I can't wait to test it!
I think I'll get back home early tomorrow just to try it. Hopefully the only problem left will be to repartition to use the whole 16GB of disk space.
Thank you again and I'll report as soon as I test it.
Regards.
No problem

If you get that working, it's no big deal to now make a kernel that boots SFOS from any partition you'd like, as I have the patched kernel tree done. You can partition your device however you like, for example everything as one partition

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hi.
Unfortunately this didn't work either... I tried with&without RR mode enabled.
I think I'll 'take a look' inside. I'll buy a pair of screwdrivers to see if something is wrong....
I'll keep you informed.

Regards.

Hi.
Unfortunately this didn't work either... I tried with&without RR mode enabled.
I think I'll 'take a look' inside. I'll buy a pair of screwdrivers to see if something is wrong....
I'll keep you informed.

Regards.
Hmm, how did it work, did you see anything on the device when you flashed & booted it?
Did it just hang, or did it reboot?

If you have your SaifishOS FS image correctly extracted to your mmcblk0p4 and if you correctly untarred the kernel modules also there, it sure has to work.

In fact I cannot see how it is possible for it not to work.
If you can boot with ubiboot, then there is absolutely no way why you should not boot with SailfishOS. It just has to work.

Now, I have to believe you have something wrong with your Sailfish installation, there is nothing else that can go wrong now, sorry.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Hi.

All I can say is that it just hungs up. I have to press the power button for 8 seconds to reboot it.
I think I'll start from scratch and also tear it apart ....

Thank you for your patience.

Regards.

The Following User Says Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ South Korea
It works fine. Thank you!

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
So, here you are

This archive has the modules and the kernel to be flashed like a regular kernel to boot SailfishOS directly from mmcblk0p4 (No uboboot required for this now...)
http://www.swagman.org/juice/SFOS_boot_for_p4.tar

Before using, untar the modules under /lib/modules/2.6.32.54 of your sailfish partition.
Then, flash the kernel with "sudo flasher -a firmware.bin -k zImage_2.6.32-54_boot4 --flash-only=kernel -f -R"

Have fun

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imyaman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ South Korea
https://db.tt/IA08mHNr
You can download the file from this URL.

Originally Posted by imyaman View Post
It works fine. Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to imyaman For This Useful Post:
Hi.

O.K, I'm back
After giving up for one day, I decided today to try and install nitdroid, following Coderus instructions from almost 2 years ago..... and it worked.
This is allowing me to check that WiFi, audio, tactile screen, charging, etc. are working fine.
I think I'll tinker a bit more with it (I don't like Android , that's why I'm in this forum ) ,and try to install Sailfish again later.
I'll keep you updated of my progress.

Regards.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pasko For This Useful Post:
Hi.

O.K, I'm back
After giving up for one day, I decided today to try and install nitdroid, following Coderus instructions from almost 2 years ago..... and it worked.
This is allowing me to check that WiFi, audio, tactile screen, charging, etc. are working fine.
I think I'll tinker a bit more with it (I don't like Android , that's why I'm in this forum ) ,and try to install Sailfish again later.
I'll keep you updated of my progress.

Regards.
It's good you managed to install something, at least.
Did you set Nitdroid up with ubiboot or sillyboot?
(why I am asking, is because if you used ubiboot then you should be able to boot Sailfish also with it...)

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post: