Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
What would some of you do without your FUD.

Chinese New Year lurks around the corner...

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Who could blame you? In the absence of any specifics, one has to assume the default. When I buy a product, I assume the product is usable out of the box, unless the package explicitly says otherwise.
I work in IT and used to be fed up with company's selling USB printers without USB cables. Usually we could only find out by looking for one in the box.

Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
They do several right things. There's a check box right on the product page to add a charger (not included). And upgrade to 3g from wifi only. And add extended warranty. Well, that last one's not so good for the consumer, but 2 outa 3 ain't bad, right?
Wait. You can get 3g now? Which of the three do not exist?

Posts: 951 | Thanked: 2,344 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ UK
seems like someone has already received theirs.

From jolla facebook fan page

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by robthebold View Post
This will be my first tablet. Just because I don't have a charger and have stated that I wish the Jolla would come with one makes me neither childish nor a whiner.
Fair enough. You're not a whiner nor childish; I was equally steeped in hyberbole as the folks claiming that this was perhaps the stupidest error on Jolla's part ever. You know... a charger (see below)

But some of these folks in this thread do have access to chargers rather inexpensively - yet choose to complain like it's the end of the world. You're in the US, Best Buy and Radio Shack, heck Walmart has them for under 8 USD. Worst decision ever... and that's if you don't find the cheapies that are like 4 bucks and still 2.1A.

One deserves a tablet if one pays for it, that's all.
Agree.

And if it doesn't come with a charger, then it needs to come with a clear specification for the user. None of this 'you should just know, dumbass,' stuff.
Agree. But they've stated somewhere that a 2.1A charger is required. I mean, it's a much larger battery than your standard phone, makes sense if you're being reasonable.

Finally, there would be (almost) zero complaints if it was stated upfront: 'Charger not included. 2A micro USB charger (ir whatever) required.' Many non-childish non-whiners simply feel that mentioning the non-inclusuon if a charger as an 'oh, by the way . . .' several months after they paid is merely a way of cutting costs by leaving out mandatory accessories.
You're right, it did come out in August 15 - here - and thus you're the right kind of right, technically right and the decision came after the campaign.

But can it be seen as the worst thing ever? I remember when the "fat" PS3 came out and there was no HDMI cable in the box. Folks... well, went on to buy 85 million of them. Leaving out something like that was considered the "worst business decision ever" - but in the end, I'd rather have a good charger that I can rely on than one that's some cheapie piece of garbage that I can expect to die shortly. Or in my case, it'll be unused.

See outside of your own woes.

Still looking forward to my tablet, even if it requires having my maturity, intelligence and character questioned.
You responded as an adult. I'm not addressing you apparently. But if you took umbrage with my statements, I'll gladly apologize.

I was addressing the people who speak only in outrage and hyperbole. It's just so tiring.

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
gerbick, you are right. It is just so tiring.

The charger is just one more minor bad decision! Or at least the way Jolla handles this.

I do not whine, I expected one to come with the device, Jolla claimed 1 year later "oh, there is no charger with the tablet", I do not have a 2A charger (whereas lots of <= 1), I believe a company would want to deliver "complete usable item oob", but well

And again, so tiring ...

--edit
I even would not mind the charger if they would ship the device with a text-selectable-able browser, OS-wide copy/paste functionality, ..., pick-what-else.
If a tablet does not support such basics. Yes, then what?

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Last edited by peterleinchen; 2015-10-08 at 21:26.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
all pople like different. some missing, charger some not. some missing an app, a feature in the os, some not. some missing info from jolla and some are happy with what is provided. charger lover or not. your posts are equal ly important. happy discussion folks.

I think jolla can do more for environment than not ship a charger if they want to go down this road. but thats just me. Im happy that they shipping something atleast.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-10-08 at 20:56.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Well, they _are_ shipping the tablets with some amount of charge in the battery, so technically...

Posts: 4,118 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Well, at least Copernicus did not start with 'technically'

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Well, at least Copernicus did not start with 'technically'
Yes, technically, my sentence did not match that comic. So, technically, you are indeed correct.

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund