Active Topics

Posts: 498 | Thanked: 836 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Gt mine tday. Wrks fine, except that there's ne key that needs t be pressed real hard fr it t register.

typed n my THKBD2
Ooh my! I wonder what that one key could be?

Still haven't received mine in post or received any email. But all Scandic THKD should arrive next week the latest then, judging from Dirks previous posts. Can live with that.

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Now it should available
PSA:
https://twitter.com/LiKimmo/status/6...815616/photo/1

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by mjtorn View Post
Will the driver enable those to be flipped into landscape as well, to make the Jolla a more landscape-oriented phone with the keyboard?
Without trying to play down the TOKBD guys' programming prowess, I seriously doubt it. Even if you lock the Jolla in landscape in Settings, some system screens still insist on showing in portrait. It looks like the OS itself is not capable of a proper orientation lock I would be happy to pay the TOHKBD guys a full cost of another TOHKBD if they managed to fix that in their driver.

EDIT: Why does my post show up twice in Active Topics? I have not done anything special to deserve such special treatment!

Name:  ActiveTopics.png
Views: 753
Size:  7.3 KB

EDIT 2: Never mind, the duplicate disappeared after another post. Srange.

Last edited by pichlo; 2015-06-12 at 12:45.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
At least on on the N900 once the keyboard is opened the screen orientation is locked to landscape, as you usually don't want the screen to be in portrait at all when using the keyboard.
This is true; but, I've gotta admit I've pulled my N900's keyboard out only partway more than a few times just to avoid this orientation lock (mostly to try and grab a portrait screenshot, but a few times to try and type longer bits of text while in portrait mode).

Edit: Sorry Pichlo, I think I stepped on the special treatment of your post. I think I've seen duplicate listings in Active Topics before, though; a forum software issue?

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Gt mine tday. Wrks fine, except that there's ne key that needs t be pressed real hard fr it t register.

typed n my THKBD2
and the letter 'o' doesn't work?

Mine arrived yesterday. Too bad that the software support was still missing when I left to work today. Oh well, I left the keyboard part at home and put the phone with the new black back cover in my pocket.

Fast forward 6 hours and now my phone looks like it's been attacked by a pack of lions. Full of random scratches from my nails, pocket lint and tabletops.

Also I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed by the velvet feel what the TOHKBDv2 has. I was expecting bit smoother and lot durable finish.

But I've waited since Mid 2013 for Jolla with physical keyboard. I think I can oversee the minor disappointments after I've got it working.

With N900 I could not wish more button rows. But after I jumped to Motorola Droid 4 I saw the light. Yesterday I was dry-typing (no sw support) with TOHKBD and I have to admit that I was smiling. I could almost imagine letters appearing to the screen. + the tactile feedback felt good.

- Hount

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hount For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Without trying to play down the TOKBD guys' programming prowess, I seriously doubt it. Even if you lock the Jolla in landscape in Settings, some system screens still insist on showing in portrait. It looks like the OS itself is not capable of a proper orientation lock I would be happy to pay the TOHKBD guys a full cost of another TOHKBD if they managed to fix that in their driver.
I think Sailfish OS 2 is meant to make everything "landscapable" and "portraitable" (check the new words ;-) ), so I trust this will only get better.

Ability for keyboard to lock the orientation is nice, NB the word "ability" i.e., configurable ;-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ggabriel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Hount View Post
Also I have to admit that I was somewhat disappointed by the velvet feel what the TOHKBDv2 has. I was expecting bit smoother and lot durable finish.
I have the DIP_TOH which should have a similar finish I had similar worries when I first got it. But it turned to be very durable in practice - even after ~9 months of daily usage it is working just fine, there are no missing pieces, no cracks, even no deeper scratches! Just some generic smudges here and there.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by Hount View Post
Mine arrived yesterday. Too bad that the software support was still missing when I left to work today. Oh well, I left the keyboard part at home and put the phone with the new black back cover in my pocket.

Fast forward 6 hours and now my phone looks like it's been attacked by a pack of lions. Full of random scratches from my nails, pocket lint and tabletops.

But I've waited since Mid 2013 for Jolla with physical keyboard. I think I can oversee the minor disappointments after I've got it working.

With N900 I could not wish more button rows. But after I jumped to Motorola Droid 4 I saw the light. Yesterday I was dry-typing (no sw support) with TOHKBD and I have to admit that I was smiling. I could almost imagine letters appearing to the screen. + the tactile feedback felt good.

- Hount
In case this is your first OH with Shapeways prints, you have to know that their plastic feels better as it wears. The uncomfortable velvet feeling slowly smoothens, and although the colors will definitely wear out, the scratches will become harder to notice. Overall I prefer my used OH over my brand new ones, just because of this crappy velvet feeling.

Shapeways print will never look very professional, but at least it gets less obvious after some time (except for the fading colors).

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Apr 2015 @ Helsinki
Having the TOHKBD opened helps having my Jolla in my hands in a nice loose grip while browsing the web.

And fast scroll to Top/Bottom of the page via Home/End keys - thats something that I have been missing in the native browser.

Can't really use it for typing due to lack of proper layout.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PekkU For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd