Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
I called my local Best Buy which showed as available on the special link. They do not have the N900 in stock.
I called a few Best Buys in my area last night (Atlanta metro), and only one store showed them in inventory ready for local store distribution. Just to be sure I called two more. The other two stores showed that the item had been deleted from their inventory. Sure enough if you go to Best Buy's site and search for it, the results come back with nothing.

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
it is actually up now and I did geta person but the chat went off and now I'm getting a message each time that it can't connect- either they have problems or they read the word N900 and closed me down.
Been on webchat myself today with MPD and got the same answer. Delayed till the end of the month with no exact date yet.

One entry in the diary today, simply...............................

Bugger! (In a Capt Blackadder stylee )

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

The Following User Says Thank You to thiswayup For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by range View Post
I find it weird that all the people are putting down their anger *HERE* at the maemo.org community site. Nobody here can do anything about Nokia shipping faster - nobody here makes or distributes the phones.
People are expressing their anger on twitter as well, on blogs, in forum comments everywhere. There is nothing unusual about the discourse here it's a reflection of what people are saying about the product.

If, like me, you want Nokia to survive as a competitor to Android and the iPhone you should be asking why Nokia cannot do this one simple thing rather than why people should just shut up about it.

Imagine how many posts simply wouldn't exist if after the summit where they handed out 300 units Nokia issued a press release saying "We don't expect the N900 to be available at retail until November 25th" (or whenever). That's a full 5 or 6 weeks in which people would be talking about how they're looking forward to the product coming out instead of "What's happening? Where is it? What did newegg say today? Who wants to ring MPD?".

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sharper For This Useful Post:
Posts: 142 | Thanked: 49 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Italy
Originally Posted by ossipena View Post

the device is about 10 days late.

Please read carefully the first rows of the nokia press release

Espoo, Finland - The shipments of the Nokia N900, Nokia's latest mobile computer based on open source Maemo 5 software, have now started. The Nokia N900 will be available in retail stores in November with an estimated retail price of EUR 500, excluding sales taxes and subsidies.
The title is misleading, but the content is clear: the device ships in november, so until 1st of december they are not late.

Last edited by The_Solutor; 2009-11-17 at 12:01.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The_Solutor For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norway
and why in the hell did you allready pay for your preorder?!?
enough info!!!!"....
The preorder payment came as a surprise to me , thats apparently the way elkjop does it. If that makes me stupid so be it.

Of course I could cancel and get a refound , but as we have established earlier , everybody wants this phone, so why bother.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
November 27th
November 27th
November 27th

how many times do i have to say it...after reading the last 10 pages of desperate posts? lol
I'm with you here!!! considering no one will ship during the weekend in Swe.... so week 49 seems more likely to me and it makes sense!

Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility
Originally Posted by allmine1976 View Post
What makes you so sure nov 27th is the correct date ?
Given the fact it has been one week since the press release and nobody has recieved their device yet and that Nokia Czech states 27th as the shipping/retail date. It's in 10days, makes sense to me imho.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
e: and to end this conversation: I preordered 15 minutes after the preorder was possible in the first place. and i've told the same FCUKKING STORY SINCE TO ALL YOU WHINY ARSES: SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP! or cancel preorder and go away. the whine doesn't help anybody...
Jesus just because something doesn't bother you then no-one else can have a view of it. And the in comes the abuse and swearing, very articulate... if you're a so called self proclaimed Maemo Greeter then the OS is in a bad way if that's your idea of open source collaboration.

Finally, who is more stupid the person who moans about something, or the person who wades through what has obviously become a moaning thread in which every post annoys him... are you the sort that smashes up your telly when something you don't like is on... just let people speak and if you don't like it don't read it or maybe try a different thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to Moley For This Useful Post:
Hello maemo.org - noob here.

I too have been waiting for the n900 with growing impatience. I do sympathise with the people who are getting frustrated with waiting for this device due to the inconsistency in information from Nokia themselves.

When i visited the flagship store in London a couple of weeks ago I was able to have a quick play with the only n900 they had in store, and loved it immediately. ( The camera is amazing for a start! ) The first member of staff i asked about a release date told me January 2010!

The second member of staff told me 16th of November.

I think its this kind of differentiation in information that seems unprofessional and misleading and inevitably makes people lose faith in what are a huge, well established company. They are certainly well established enough to be able to roll out a product with less drama than has concerned the n900.

It makes one wonder if its all part of the marketing strategy..? Create some mystery, get the forums buzzing, create some kind of must-have fever that ends up being less about the device and more about the hype.

That does nothing for me. I want DATES. Solid DATES, so I can not be checking this and other forums every 5 minutes. That is obviously a choice I have, and if Im stupid enough to be wasting my life in this way ( which I definitely am! ) then I probably deserve the frustration that comes with that. However, a couple of rock-solid press statements here and there, or even a bloody twitter, might quell my impatience somewhat.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stemfour For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Moley View Post
Jesus just because something doesn't bother you then no-one else can have a view of it. And the in comes the abuse and swearing, very articulate... if you're a so called self proclaimed Maemo Greeter then the OS is in a bad way if that's your idea of open source collaboration.

Finally, who is more stupid the person who moans about something, or the person who wades through what has obviously become a moaning thread in which every post annoys him... are you the sort that smashes up your telly when something you don't like is on... just let people speak and if you don't like it don't read it or maybe try a different thread.
Here here. THIS THREAD IS FOR MOANERS, GEEKS & WHITTLERS . Everyone who doesn't like it, ...k off. (oo we are all getting agitated aren't we now?)

Stemfour- you hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by ninjaboxergirl; 2009-11-17 at 12:28. Reason: addition

The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post: