Notices

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Update.

Version 1.10.0 is now available from extras-devel. I've promoted it to extras-testing too.

Changelog:

* Support for internal/external URLs in descriptions.
* Support https scheme for URLs.
* Multiple connections for downloads.
* Option to download subtitles.
* Bug fix: Possible error in naming downloaded thumbnails.
* Bug fix: Thumbnail not deleted when deleting videos from the archive.

Incomplete transfers (including uploads now) are now stored in an XML file (/home/user/cuteTube/transfers.xml), and the downloads table will be deleted from the database. As a result, any existing downloads should be completed/cancelled before updating.

My website

GitHub

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Feature request
setting lowest video quality possible (the less file size the better)
ability to buffer even when paused so i can actually watch a video in 2g .

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
Feature request
setting lowest video quality possible (the less file size the better)
ability to buffer even when paused so i can actually watch a video in 2g .
You can choose the video formats for both playback and download in the settings. Disabling all the optional formats will result in the lowest quality format being used.

Progressive download may be added in future, but it would require quite a bit of work, especially if you want to maintain the ability to seek to different parts of the stream.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
I have another issue, if you don't mind. The movie lengths in the Archive are not displayed correctly. Some are longer and some too short; I can't see any correlation between the displayed and the actual times. The lengths shown after a search or during playback from the Archive are correct.

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
You can choose the video formats for both playback and download in the settings. Disabling all the optional formats will result in the lowest quality format being used.
Progressive download may be added in future, but it would require quite a bit of work, especially if you want to maintain the ability to seek to different parts of the stream.
let alone ability to seek just progressive downloads would do a lot
thanx

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by chill View Post
I have another issue, if you don't mind. The movie lengths in the Archive are not displayed correctly. Some are longer and some too short; I can't see any correlation between the displayed and the actual times. The lengths shown after a search or during playback from the Archive are correct.
Movie lengths in Archive? Where? I don't see the lengths displayed, only the download date and time. Long press on an entry offers me only Delete, so again no info on the length. I have 1.10.0. Do I need to do anything special?

Originally Posted by nokiabot View Post
let alone ability to seek just progressive downloads would do a lot
thanx
What is a progressive download? Something to do with downloading progressive rock videos?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
@Pichlo see previous posts. I mean downloading the video and playing it simultanesly or buffering the video even when paused so that it can be watched on slow connections or else regular streaming in slow networks is just like a slideshow with music. i used to watch videos fluently over the network using the awsome coreplayer in symbian i could just start downloading a video and play it with coreplayer sure i can do the same in maemo but if you reach the end of downloaded stream it stops you need to restart it or worse something happens and it wont play again etc. The feature is also available in older s40s and some androids by default you can download and view simultanesly. Pocpcorn time xd

Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Movie lengths in Archive? Where? I don't see the lengths displayed, only the download date and time. Long press on an entry offers me only Delete, so again no info on the length. I have 1.10.0. Do I need to do anything special?
Those are download times! Ok never mind the silly me.

Re progressive download: I think that on slow connection, you're better off with downloading video (to the archive), than streaming it. With 2G (or any other slow connection), you need a buffer the size of whole video to watch it smoothly , which, incidentaly, you get when you just download it.

I don't see any real benefit of having "progressive download" feature, considering the above.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Re progressive download: I think that on slow connection, you're better off with downloading video (to the archive), than streaming it. With 2G (or any other slow connection), you need a buffer the size of whole video to watch it smoothly , which, incidentaly, you get when you just download it.
I don't see any real benefit of having "progressive download" feature, considering the above.
/Estel
sweet buddy i think you never experienced the blazing fast 2.5g speeds i get upto 25kbps to 15 kbps stable do the math you will get it downloads suck man its better to start watching after 15 minuts then to wait an entire century to complete the download btw what i stated is tested it just works not mere spetaculations .

The Following User Says Thank You to nokiabot For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube