Active Topics

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Zartan,

Nokia is not any worst as a company than any other, and neither is Dell. They are full of mostly honest people trying to do their work. Nokia has some incredibly talented people working for them, and they seem to "get" the open source idea. So, even when I am in the midst of a sort of battle with them ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36958 ) I know that for the moment they have my undivided attention as a customer.

Our issue with the N900 shipping problem is probably due to some incompetent manager somewhere in their ranks. It will get resolved eventually. (I am just trying to help it along.) So, stay positive. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
I have to disagree, I've been impressed by the level of incompetence of these two particular companies, especially in regards to their order processing and customer service departments. I agree about Nokia and its open source policies, but its all for naught when they can't deliver on the stinking phone. Hell they can't even seem to address the problems or return a call/email. For the life of me I can't find a person at either company who gives a damn. Beyond the broken promises I've also been lied to on several occasions by both companies, is that the definition of dishonesty?

I've received my delayed shipment notification from Dell. Now I have to wairt until 01/13/10.... WTF??? The cutoff date for the rebate is on the 30th. you do not put a promo on an item you sell if you know that you wont be able to deliver on it... Isn't there a term for that? Oh yeah, I think that is called bait and switch...

Originally Posted by Ayle View Post
I've received my delayed shipment notification from Dell. Now I have to wairt until 01/13/10.... WTF??? The cutoff date for the rebate is on the 30th. you do not put a promo on an item you sell if you know that you wont be able to deliver on it... Isn't there a term for that? Oh yeah, I think that is called bait and switch...
When did you order? I didn't see your name in the spread sheet.

Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
Zartan,

Nokia is not any worst as a company than any other, and neither is Dell. They are full of mostly honest people trying to do their work. Nokia has some incredibly talented people working for them, and they seem to "get" the open source idea. So, even when I am in the midst of a sort of battle with them ( http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=36958 ) I know that for the moment they have my undivided attention as a customer.

Our issue with the N900 shipping problem is probably due to some incompetent manager somewhere in their ranks. It will get resolved eventually. (I am just trying to help it along.) So, stay positive. There is light at the end of the tunnel.

I have no other choice but to be patient and wait I dnt know what else there is to do, besides vent and share here

Originally Posted by Ayle View Post

I'm in the same boat, I ordered on 12/08/09 and was notified of my new date 01/12/10... well silly me, i just cant seem to understand how if the rep looked up the availabilty for me and verified it was on hand at the very moment i ordered it, with a 3 day processing time table, how the heck is this mess happening... no bait and switch here just lies all lies and poppy-kock ..

Originally Posted by Novurania View Post
When did you order? I didn't see your name in the spread sheet.
I ordered on the 12/08... And I've just added my nname to the spreadsheet... Ugh, this situation is so frustrating, if I knew I would not be getting it this year I would have just ordered a e72 or a milestone

Last edited by Ayle; 2009-12-15 at 20:13.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
yeah, dell screwed everyone over... it's not too late to order from amazon. The biggest complaint i hear from amazon orders are that the estimated date is at most delayed by 1 week, that's nothing compared to dells order queuing system.

i just checked right now, they'll be in stock on the 20th, mine will be here by the 18TH!

Originally Posted by RogerTHAcctant View Post
yeah, dell screwed everyone over... it's not too late to order from amazon. The biggest complaint i hear from amazon orders are that the estimated date is at most delayed by 1 week, that's nothing compared to dells order queuing system.

i just checked right now, they'll be in stock on the 20th, mine will be here by the 18TH!
Mine will be too. I almost didn't do overnight, but I just couldn't battle with myself any longer.

AND since the Dell order will end up costing me sub-400 dollars, I'll probably keep it and just give it to my older brother since he put me on to its existence. He's definitely not happy with his N97 (the phone I WAS gonna get).

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
I believe that Dell will have them back in stock soon. I have to think that they need to have them in before the holiday season. By now we have seen sufficient proof that their estimated shipment dates are meaningless. They ship them when they have them, period. (Unfortunately, it appears that each distribution center gets a certain amount and they do not share inventory between distribution centers, but that is another matter.) What I am saying is that I believe that a second round of shipments has to happen very soon. Who will get them? I have no idea.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

rm42 I hope you are right. I thought there would be more stock on the 14th, but there should have been some shipments by now.

If they don't get them out soon, the rebate is going to expire as we sit helplessly waiting

Possibly good news! Dell has them available online again.

Usually ships 3 to 5 weeks.

Last edited by Novurania; 2009-12-16 at 16:19. Reason: Ship time.

Tags
back away, extract the 'n' key, from the keyboard