Active Topics

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by stemfour View Post
Hello maemo.org - noob here.

I too have been waiting for the n900 with growing impatience. I do sympathise with the people who are getting frustrated with waiting for this device due to the inconsistency in information from Nokia themselves.

When i visited the flagship store in London a couple of weeks ago I was able to have a quick play with the only n900 they had in store, and loved it immediately. ( The camera is amazing for a start! ) The first member of staff i asked about a release date told me January 2010!

The second member of staff told me 16th of November.

I think its this kind of differentiation in information that seems unprofessional and misleading and inevitably makes people lose faith in what are a huge, well established company. They are certainly well established enough to be able to roll out a product with less drama than has concerned the n900.

It makes one wonder if its all part of the marketing strategy..? Create some mystery, get the forums buzzing, create some kind of must-have fever that ends up being less about the device and more about the hype.

That does nothing for me. I want DATES. Solid DATES, so I can not be checking this and other forums every 5 minutes. That is obviously a choice I have, and if Im stupid enough to be wasting my life in this way ( which I definitely am! ) then I probably deserve the frustration that comes with that. However, a couple of rock-solid press statements here and there, or even a bloody twitter, might quell my impatience somewhat.
well if you get the dates, ask lottery numbers for all lotteries in the world and give me a few....

e: and I can give you a date:

30.1.2010. I am 99,9% certain all n900s preordered has been sent then. Happy?

or:
30.9.2009. Happy?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Last edited by ossipena; 2009-11-17 at 12:33.

Posts: 75 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Nokia Store Finland has told me for weeks, that the delivery starts at week 48. Today they stated that they will release the pre-orders on 20.-23.11 in their systems and our cards will be charged, so be sure to have enough funds. Here is the link to the statement (in Finnish):
http://www.matkapuhelininfo.com/kesk...&postcount=171

So we will be getting our phones next week! I hope to get it on tuesday (maybe monday if Im lucky), cause I took the express delivery...

The Following User Says Thank You to ihmemies For This Useful Post:
I am very eager for the N900, though these thread's provide a great deal of entertainment in awaiting this darn'd phone.

I have been speaking to the Camberley branch of MPD and the word i heard was that this morning MPD branches received email confirmation that the N900 will not be available until the end of November from them.

This does not answer queries about other e/re-tailers but it does allow me to be a little more paitent...about my choosen distributor.

Sparky.

The Following User Says Thank You to hunterm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
I love this site. You may all be my imaginary friends but it's just like real life.

We came here for the N900 info etc. That's been delayed and now we're turning on each other because we can't take out our frustration on anyone else.

N900 ordered 9/11 Got 05/12 Being sent back soon- keeps rebooting!!!! 10/12 I became the proud owner of the Nokia N900 door stop/paperweight.
11/12 became the proud owner of handset no2

The Following User Says Thank You to thiswayup For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Houston
Originally Posted by thiswayup View Post
I love this site. You may all be my imaginary friends but it's just like real life.

We came here for the N900 info etc. That's been delayed and now we're turning on each other because we can't take out our frustration on anyone else.
lol, yeah it's pretty funny. anticipation has turned into mania.

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
i have a question here (hence a little OT then):

if i place my order today - what are the chances that i will get the unit after all the people who have pre-ordered it say in the next 20 days?

or basically i will be looking at a delivery in 2010 instead?

thank you.

Depends who you order with - who are you thinking of buying it from?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Kassel, Germany
naw, thinking of buying from an online shop in Germany, or Amazon.de if the price is good.

Originally Posted by wahlau View Post
i have a question here (hence a little OT then):

if i place my order today - what are the chances that i will get the unit after all the people who have pre-ordered it say in the next 20 days?

or basically i will be looking at a delivery in 2010 instead?

thank you.
Its very possible - you'd think Nokia have shipped large numbers of phones. Dont listen to these idiots in this thread. The phones shipped on the 10th, and will be available to retailers on general release up to 2 weeks after that date.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chrisp7 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Moley View Post
Jesus just because something doesn't bother you then no-one else can have a view of it. And the in comes the abuse and swearing, very articulate... if you're a so called self proclaimed Maemo Greeter then the OS is in a bad way if that's your idea of open source collaboration.

Finally, who is more stupid the person who moans about something, or the person who wades through what has obviously become a moaning thread in which every post annoys him... are you the sort that smashes up your telly when something you don't like is on... just let people speak and if you don't like it don't read it or maybe try a different thread.
so, it is good to be stupid if other are too? just go with the flow if you want but don't critisize my writings just by that fact...

this thread wasn't intended for moaning. it was intended for reports n900s arriving to people. this was started soon after the official announcement that n900s has been shipped. but now, the torrent of stupidity and moaning has again ruined another thread.

n900 shipping delayed would be better thread for now, don't you think?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post: