Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Did you change to the ESD output,
as advised in the first message in this thread?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I have the same problem as others. I have no text on my buttons, and I get an error in the terminal,
** WARNING **: Failed to open font: "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*".
when I type,
~$ echo $locale
I just get a blank line. I think that I have my locale set to en-GB?

I tried the language hacks. Both LANG=C and LANG=C LC_MESSAGES=C put before xmms on the command line cause the error to become more verbose:

The font "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*" does not support all the required character sets for the current locale "C"
(Missing character set "ISO8859-1")

** WARNING **: Failed to open font: "-adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-10-*".

Last edited by qole; 2008-01-17 at 00:20.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok this is VERY weird. I messed around a bit, and at some point, I suddenly got text on my XMMS menus. I still get all of the same errors, but now I have text. I have to use LANG=C or LANG="C" to get the text, but I didn't get text before no matter what I did!

I also am having problems playing MP3 files. I try to install xmms-mad and it fails saying something about missing files, when I do it through apt-get the missing file (404 not found) is libid3tag0_0.15.1b_10_armel.deb

EDIT: Ok, I don't know what's going on. After failing to get the libid3tag package, I opened XMMS from the menu and tried to play a file again. It worked. I am just going to shut up and enjoy the music.

Ok, I will post one more complaint... The music seems to stutter fairly frequently playing MP3 files from my mmc card.

Last edited by qole; 2008-01-17 at 00:50.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
It appears that I had a mystery problem - I reinstalled XMMS from scratch and now the EQ works. Go figure Thanks for the replies - at least I knew it should be working.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
BT Audio with XMMS howto.

All I've just written up my howto on bluetooth audio on the IT with xmms. I've done that while listening to 3 ELP albums back to back with nary a dropout and beautiful sound.

It's in the wiki here on ITT at http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi..._Audio_in_XMMS so enjoy, add your edits (it is after all a wiki) and hopefully you too can get the joy of sound.

Last edited by linuxrebel; 2008-01-19 at 04:45. Reason: removed extra http in the URL

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to linuxrebel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Silly-Con Valley
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
It appears that I had a mystery problem - I reinstalled XMMS from scratch and now the EQ works. Go figure Thanks for the replies - at least I knew it should be working.
Lucky you last couple of re-installs and still it's not working ... it always had up until someone said "Mine isn't working" then in true Murphy fashion, bang.... mine stopped

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Finland
I have few questions:

1. If i hide the player from the top right corner button how can i see it again. When i pressed the button in defenedly mininized the player but i couldnīt get it back it just keep playing music backround. Is there is somekind of button combination, program or xterminal command to get it back again. And i have N800 so i dont have that full keyboard. If i shutdown the player and open it again it still is minimized so how i get it back wityhout re-installing it again.

2. I want to save the playlist couse the player always gives my empty playlist when i re-open it. But when i put save list from right downcorner and click the save name box in doesnīt give me eny keybord to write there.

Still a nice player so keep going guys. Live winamp so this was natural selection for me.

Last edited by onraj; 2008-01-17 at 15:14.

Posts: 239 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Massachusetts
Minimize is broken. Known bug, in the first post in this thread.

Originally Posted by onraj View Post
I have few questions:

1. If i hide the player from the top right corner button how can i see it again. When i pressed the button in defenedly mininized the player but i couldnīt get it back it just keep playing music backround. Is there is somekind of button combination, program or xterminal command to get it back again. And i have N800 so i dont have that full keyboard. If i shutdown the player and open it again it still is minimized so how i get it back wityhout re-installing it again.

2. I want to save the playlist couse the player always gives my empty playlist when i re-open it. But when i put save list from right downcorner and click the save name box in doesnīt give me eny keybord to write there.

Still a nice player so keep going guys. Live winamp so this was natural selection for me.
none of those issues exists when using it in KDE. It also remembers the last playlist and track no.

Quick update. Been listerning to mixed dance albums for the past 2 days and the gapless playback has been awesome

Originally Posted by onraj View Post
Code:
xmmsctrl launch main 0 equalizer 0 play_list 0 main 1 equalizer 1 play_list 1
launches xmms if it's not up, hides all windows, then opens all windows. This recovers from a minimize. I have this in my statusbar cpu/mem widget's command list; you can run it from an xterm, but you'll soon tire of typing.

xkbd is your friend!

The thing I'd like is some easier way to switch a vis plugin (infinity, in particular) on and off. Right now, I can disable it by closing the window, but then how to re-enable? I'm using ^V from xkbd, then click enable, then enter on xkbd. The plugin (slowly) starts, then the config window wakes up again, catches the enter, and OKs itself. Works, but a hassle. I'd like something scriptable so I could include that for my "pull-up xmms" entry.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post: