Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
How do you know how often your code is used?
Meaning, me personally? At least once 'cos a friend told me he used it.
Otherwice, probably no way of knowing it unless you can do a "select Customer,CodeUses from TheCustomerTable where Customer = Morpog;" in a relevant place

Let's try a SQL injection

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
How do you know how often your code is used?
By not sharing it and using it themselves I did it with my previous code.

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post

That's a good question though, is my code still valid as I do have another friend who could not use my code this week due to insufficent cash error. I wonder if he could use it now if he manages to stash up enough of the good stuff before 10'th...?
A new code was given, probably because the previous ones were set to expire 1.11.

By the way, if your friend still wants a Jolla, they can use my code and as a bonus they'll get that Aloe-TOH too This offer is of course open to anyone thinking of buying a Jolla phone, if more people use my code I use RNG to decide who gets the TOH. Send me a private message or if you are not able to then post in this thread and we'll figure a way.

I'm NOT buying a third Jolla phone, my fewer is not that bad (yet)

Sidenote: I didn't share my code before because it was mentioned in the mail that "do not go overboard". Now the message seems to be "boldly go and share the code in places where it was never shared before".

Last edited by Thoke; 2014-11-05 at 09:08. Reason: formatting

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
OK, as I have not received any mail like that I guess it is because my code was used by a friend I gave it to, probably they only sent the mail to people who's codes have not been used at least once.
My code had been used and I got the email about the extension.

is my code still valid
No idea but my second code is different:

First (used once, AFAIK)
Secoond (not used, AFAIK)

My offer still stands, BTW. I am a bit sad that I've had no takers yet OTOH, buying it on eBay from India is probably about comparable (if they ship to your destination, that is).

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Now the message seems to be "boldly go and share the code in places where it was never shared before".
Yes, my reading of that (and the whole second campaign) is that the first one did not achieve quite as high numbers as they had hoped. Quite a pity, but c'est la vie.

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-11-04 at 10:56.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
A new code was given, probably because the previous ones were set to expire 1.11.
I don't think so. Nobody had used my code and the email with the extension had the same code in it. I would guess that people getting a new code are people who have generated a sale using the first code.

Sidenote: I didn't share my code before because it was mentioned in the mail that "do not go overboard". Now the message seems to be "boldly go and share the code in places where it was never shared before".
Yeah, that was my take on it too. I spammed the people I knew originally (no takers), then a 'DM me if you want the code' tweet (no DMs), then a tweet on the 2nd with the code in when I thought it was the last day. I don't think there was any takers.

I thought it would be a little rude to publish my code here as people would just use these codes repeatedly and only one person would get an Aloe TOH. So, I'm still not publishing my code here. Send me a message if you want it.

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by aegis View Post
I thought it would be a little rude to publish my code here as people would just use these codes repeatedly and only one person would get an Aloe TOH. So, I'm still not publishing my code here. Send me a message if you want it.
Yes, only one will get the Aloe TOH: you! No matter who uses the code. So if you want someone else have it, you may have to post it to them.

Just in case someone needs it; BQ-V8-KU

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ho Chi Minh, VietNam
I have two codes:

9H-Y2-IX

SP-BC-6J

I'm from Vietnam and it's hard to ship the device to Vietnam that why i cannot use those codes.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
If anybody is wondering why would I give my Aloe-TOH away, it's because I already have one and therefore don't need another one. Shipping is no prob, the package is so thin I doubt I'll have to pay much for the shipping (ie. >10€)

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 702 | Thanked: 2,059 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ UK
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Yes, only one will get the Aloe TOH: you! No matter who uses the code. So if you want someone else have it, you may have to post it to them.
My point was that because other people have posted their codes, those codes will get used over and over repeatedly denying the free TOH for the people that haven't spammed the forum.

If someone wants to do *ME* a favour, ask for my code. You get €100 off, I get an Aloe TOH.

If they just want €100 off then use one of the codes in this thread and Jolla only have to ship out a dozen or so free TOHs.