Notices

Hi,

I just installed it on my n900. But I couldn't connect with ip address and port number. It comes up blank screen without giving any error. I'm running xbmc 11 beta3 on my appletv. I'm able to control from my android and verified the ip address and port number. I don't have user id/password set. Is there a log file or something to check if there are any errors as UI doesn't give any errors?

Thanks

Originally Posted by milli View Post
Hi,

I just installed it on my n900. But I couldn't connect with ip address and port number. It comes up blank screen without giving any error. I'm running xbmc 11 beta3 on my appletv. I'm able to control from my android and verified the ip address and port number. I don't have user id/password set. Is there a log file or something to check if there are any errors as UI doesn't give any errors?

Thanks
Please start it from the command line and send me the debug output:

- Open the terminal application or ssh into the N900
- run "/opt/xbmcremote/bin/xbmcremote"

Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
Originally Posted by tigas View Post
Too bad Eden beta1 crashed systematically on my Atom/ION HTPC. I'm skipping beta2 because I remember the 40 minutes it took to make a backup of the Dharma library before pludging for the upgrade. And I'm glad I did, I had to rollback to Dharma that same day.

Meanwhile, I can't test, but do you need a Portuguese localization? I've sent a PM.
Beta1 also crashed on me several times, Beta3 is running stable now. I have the PVR Version of margro.

I use file mode until I can finally get my MP3s to a decent state of tags. Years ago I didn't take much care when copying my CDs to HDD, now I have to get things straight (lotsa work).

I updated XBMCremote to 0.9.0 and XBMC to Beta3 last week and noticed an maybe error:
When in file mode, I can't play or add a whole directory anymore. Only single songs will work.

Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post

BTW I have 0.7.0 I guess. Not sure it if works with XBMC 11. Thought I would let you know. I will run from command line later today and provide the details.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
Could you lower down those control buttons toward the toolbar ? right now it is a bit uneasy for one hand control due to the size of n9. Having up button in about middle of the screen would be ideal.

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I updated XBMCremote to 0.9.0 and XBMC to Beta3 last week and noticed an maybe error:
When in file mode, I can't play or add a whole directory anymore. Only single songs will work.
Hmm... True, At a first look it seems to be a problem in xbmc. I'll follow up on it. Thanks for reporting.

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
BTW I have 0.7.0 I guess. Not sure it if works with XBMC 11. Thought I would let you know. I will run from command line later today and provide the details.
0.7 should mostly work with XBMC 11 betas. Nevertheless I'd like to ask you to upgrade to 0.9 and see if the problem persists.

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-02-23 at 23:07.

Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Could you lower down those control buttons toward the toolbar ? right now it is a bit uneasy for one hand control due to the size of n9. Having up button in about middle of the screen would be ideal.
I agree. I could probably center the buttons for the time of Xbmc Eden.

Now that Eden is finally deep frozen and branched away, work starts up again in Xbmc master and feature requests from this thread are beeing worked on. Expect to see some more buttons appear in the control area in future development versions (info and context menu to start with).

The Following User Says Thank You to mzanetti For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post

It gave me QtQuick1.0 not installed. I installed something called QtQuick compatibility fix and now it comes up with the background image and says connecting 'ip address'. I am not in the vicinity of xbmc and will check out the connection later today.

It gave me QtQuick1.0 not installed. I installed something called QtQuick compatibility fix and now it comes up with the background image and says connecting 'ip address'. I am not in the vicinity of xbmc and will check out the connection later today.
Strange... QtQuick should be installed as of PR 1.2. Are you running PR 1.1 or 1.0 still?

EDIT: Oh... sorry. I'ts a bug on my side. With stock N900 firmware there is only Qt 4.7.0 which requires the import statement "import Qt 4.7" instead of the new style "import QtQuick 1.0". I'll fix it with version 1.0.

Last edited by mzanetti; 2012-02-25 at 00:15.