Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i havent a negative feeling about the n900- just nokia for releasing a product that varries from device to device..

we could line up 5 nokias out of the box, and each one may perform differently

in terms of rebooting, battery usage, others have had other problems and had to reflash etc.

it would be understandable after a poeriod of time fro the nokias to perform diferently with the linux community way of testing and releasing apps but this shouldnt be out of the box.

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
I pre-ordered the N770 way before it was released. I got the N800 as soon as it came out. I just sold my N810 on ebay... and now I'm waiting for my N900 to get here. For me N900 is just like the other Nxxx I had, a computer in my pocket, but this one has a new feature: can make phone calls. For me is a laptop that fits in my pocket.

Yes, it's a phone.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
No it's not.

What does mine say?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Ireland
What about mine!!!

Posts: 589 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ london
i reakon some of this fanboys could pass a lie dectortor test by saying they dont own a mobile phone, they believe it so much.

If I can make calls with it it is a phone to me.
If a phone can do other things than just making calls thats fine with me - its a phone too and other things too.

So how come some say its not a phone ? Can't you make calls with it ?

Originally Posted by mysticrokks View Post
i reakon some of this fanboys could pass a lie dectortor test by saying they dont own a mobile phone, they believe it so much.
I for one, have a t-mobile prepaid phone in my car for emergency calls only. Last time I used it was about a week ago. BTW, I'm thinking of switching to boostmobile prepaid if YoDude's hack still works :-)
I will happily move my SIM card from my Motorola f3 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_FONE_F3) to the n900 when it gets here.

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Barbados/London
ok its not a phone PRIMARILY...thats the secondary use of the device....the PRIMARY use is that of a tablet....
but to each his own....
my tablet that has phone functionality works fine for me...
im not one of the people whos upset that their "phone" doesnt work correctly.....

Tags
communicator, computaphone!, foad abill, its a computer!, its a phone!