Active Topics

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
If I may...

I think that what we've been seeing here is the calm before the storm. Yes, t.m.o has slowed down quite a bit, but I guess that's kind of to be expected when the last hardware iteration has been over 2 years old already and there haven't really been any real major new developed apps to hit the scene. (Correct me if I'm wrong though!)

So yes... I think some forum stagnation will realistically happen, but with the RX-51 around the corner, we're going to see a ton more activity especially around Fremantle.

And I think we're going to see more activity on this forum than we've ever had before in about a year's time. I really believe that Maemo was being groomed so that it can be the de facto operating system for Nokia's phones, replacing S60 completely. As Nokia puts more devices out there with Maemo... and I have no reason to believe they won't... us old t.m.o users are going to sit back and laugh about the quiet times.

So chin up, guys n' gals. Things are just getting started.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
If I may...

I think that what we've been seeing here is the calm before the storm. Yes, t.m.o has slowed down quite a bit, but I guess that's kind of to be expected when the last hardware iteration has been over 2 years old already and there haven't really been any real major new developed apps to hit the scene. (Correct me if I'm wrong though!)

So yes... I think some forum stagnation will realistically happen, but with the RX-51 around the corner, we're going to see a ton more activity especially around Fremantle.

And I think we're going to see more activity on this forum than we've ever had before in about a year's time. I really believe that Maemo was being groomed so that it can be the de facto operating system for Nokia's phones, replacing S60 completely. As Nokia puts more devices out there with Maemo... and I have no reason to believe they won't... us old t.m.o users are going to sit back and laugh about the quiet times.

So chin up, guys n' gals. Things are just getting started.
What stagnation? with mer and all the SDK stuff this place has been rocking. IMO

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
What stagnation? with mer and all the SDK stuff this place has been rocking. IMO
It's all relative. There have indeed been much busier times here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by jandmdickerson View Post
If by "this place" you mean maemo.org in general, sure, but if you mean "Talk" then, no, "this place" has definitely been stagnating. I know the endless trolling from the usual suspects around here certainly drives quite a few people away. . . .

Tags
change, community, engagement, growth, infighting, polarization