Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
Apparently Reggie didn't foresee the immaturity that many members of this forum apparently possess.
I HATE this kind of responses.
From everyone, even being it the Pope itself.

I HATE them. Useless and puts people against each other instead of together.

Doesn't bring any solution and makes things worse.

I love what you're doing for the Maemo Community, I really do.. but I really hate this kind of replies you often give.

And, more sadly, you're not the only one.

I HATE this kind of responses... You can barely imagine how much I do hate them.

Note: I am not saying you're wrong.
Note2: I am not saying you're right.
Note3: I am saying what I wrote.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
What's amazing to be is over 40% of the people think it was "way better before"

Yet 100% of the council memer's apparently disagree.

This does not seem to be a good representation of the community.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Well, when the next Community Council election rolls around, and people announce their candidature and welcome questions, we, as a community, must do a better job of making sure the hard ones are asked and answered.

What's your favorite color?
What are your feelings on All Hallows' Eve?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK

That means that 60% of the Maemo Community agrees with the Maemo Community Council.
i.e. they are at least representing the majority, I think they're doing then a good job.

But this it not the issue.
40% of people do not agree, fine, let's find a way to make them happy.

Indeed, that is already in the making, isn't it ?

I can't read what you're reading in their responses so far.
I fail to read that they won't address the issue.

I read: fine. Go ahead and file the issue as per protocol (so that we can keep track of the issue) and help, if you wish and can, help fix the issue.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anidel For This Useful Post:
FYI. There have been a lot of changes made already since when the first version of the new theme was released.

Although there is still not a dark theme, the 'oranges' have been minimized on the current theme. fpp did great on enumerating things that can be improved on the new theme which I mostly agree to. Here's the status of the changes he had requested: http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...424#post284424

Thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
That means that 60% of the Maemo Community agrees with the Maemo Community Council.
i.e. they are at least representing the majority, I think they're doing then a good job.
No not at all

But this it not the issue.
40% of people do not agree, fine, let's find a way to make them happy.
Cool

Indeed, that is already in the making, isn't it ?
Do you know something I don't? No, the only thing being done, that I am aware of is changing the minimalist theme to match the colors of the default theme

I can't read what you're reading in their responses so far.
I fail to read that they won't address the issue.
I am told I have to address the issue. If someone would have said, your right, we do need a couple more theme. It may take a month or two, but its comming. In fact I was told to make my own, and if I didn't like that I could shut up

I read: fine. Go ahead and file the issue as per protocol (so that we can keep track of the issue) and help, if you wish and can, help fix the issue.
lets be serious though, the best people in line to fix this, Don't want it fixed.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

lets be serious though, the best people in line to fix this, Don't want it fixed.
Here's the thing. No one wants to not fix things. Speaking just for Talk, I have been trying to address the current problems that a lot have reported.

As for a dark theme, Bundyo has volunteered to play with theming. l have also been talking with the council and folks from Nokia. There is still nothing concrete so don't get your hopes up yet.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Here's the thing. No one wants to not fix things. Speaking just for Talk, I have been trying to address the current problems that a lot have reported.

As for a dark theme, Bundyo has volunteered to play with theming. l have also been talking with the council and folks from Nokia. There is still nothing concrete so don't get your hopes up yet.
The biggest problem for me and and suppose for others is that the orange theme is WAY TOO BRIGHT! It actually hurts my eyes! so of course I'll come here less and less. On the old forum, on itt, I was using only the classic theme. Doesn't the classic theme comes with vBulletin by default? Why is this theme not available to us?

The Following User Says Thank You to ioan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
The biggest problem for me and and suppose for others is that the orange theme is WAY TOO BRIGHT! It actually hurts my eyes! so of course I'll come here less and less. On the old forum, on itt, I was using only the classic theme. Doesn't the classic theme comes with vBulletin by default? Why is this theme not available to us?
The classic theme was blue and black fonts on pure white. I don't see much difference with the current theme having a dark colored font on white. Google and most, if not all, of the news sites are the same.

If you can give me a specific example on what it makes the new look 'WAY TOO BRIGHT,' it would help me do something about it.

Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:

Well, i would have voted for "way better before" but i just clicked on the first one i saw with the word 'hate' in it