If my pre-order (from last week) doesnt ship by Monday, I plan to cancel and buy a Palm TX. I'll look at the 770 later when it is AVAILABLE !

It plays nicely all the internet radio station's from the good old U.S. Sorry for the comment, but at least us Europeans paid a premium price for it without coupons. Patience, it will be worth it!

Some of us didn't know about the coupons because we ordered as fast as we could. Of course I could always cancel my order and reorder to get the $50 off, but then I am sure that I wouldn't get a 770 until december.

Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
Well, I just got a call from a Nokia rep. He was calling to let me know that my first order from last Monday had been cancelled due to unavailiable stock. I chatted with hime for a while about the whole situation. He seemed pretty knowledgeable about everything and was apologetic about all the confusion.

It appears that both the order cancellation on Monday and the problems with the second order going through on Wednesday had nothing to do with credit issues (even though that's what I was being told last week) and more to do with availability. As of now, my second order is still pending and he hoped that it would stay that way until they get stock. He said they hope to get some in this week, but if not, they would get more information about when they are coming in this Friday. He was indicating that they should have them by Thanksgiving if not this week.

Given that his call was the first initiated contact on their end to let me know that the first order had been cancelled, I expressed concern about the second order as he was saying "hopefully" it wouldn't get cancelled and would stay pending until stock arrived. He offered to contact me directly as he had this morning if it did get cancelled and also gave me his name and extension so I could contact him directly should any probelms arise. I took him up on it and will keep an eye on the online status just in case.

Jeff

Ok, I decided to contact the above rep again since he seemed to be the only person I talked to that spoke with any certainty about the 770's availability. Again, this time, he seems to be a credible source. He said on Monday they were hoping for stock on Thursday but if that didn't happen, they would have more definitive info about when they would be in on Friday (today). He did indeed have new information.

He said they have confirmed that they will receive stock on Monday or Tuesday of next week for immediate order fulfillment. Since mine is overnight and already cleared the credit verification, I should get mine before Thanksgiving. By the way, they will be closed Thursday and Friday of next week for the holiday. I also mentioned the posts by various users here and my own experiences about getting different information from different reps. He said he would look into it as that kind of thing would only cause headaches for them as well as customers.

This guy is one of their claims reps and not a standard order processing CSR. He comes across as confident in what he said and when he wasn't completely sure (like about whether they would get stock this week), he said as much. He also followed through with having confirmed info today as he said he would. On Monday he mentioned having them in by Thanksgiving and this new info goes right along with that.

It's certainly possible that this info could turn out to be incorrect or change at the last minute, but like I said, this rep is the only one I've spoken with who I have any faith in.

Jeff

Originally Posted by rgbyhkr
[...]Since mine is overnight and already cleared the credit verification, I should get mine before Thanksgiving.[...]
Jeff
Jeff, what did you do to get them to clear the credit verification? That's my biggest worry. My bank has a tendency to temporarily put a hold on my credit card when a "large transaction" (their definition) comes in that "may look fraudulent"... and they don't tell me until after I call and complain that the card isn't working... usually at lunch or dinner somewhere. :/

I've had orders that have been placed on hold because of this. *sigh*.

Mel

Originally Posted by melody
Jeff, what did you do to get them to clear the credit verification? That's my biggest worry. My bank has a tendency to temporarily put a hold on my credit card when a "large transaction" (their definition) comes in that "may look fraudulent"... and they don't tell me until after I call and complain that the card isn't working... usually at lunch or dinner somewhere. :/

I've had orders that have been placed on hold because of this. *sigh*.

Mel
It was a big PITA. Here's a post I made last week summarizing what happened:

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...=1467#post1467

What's "funny" is that according to the claims rep when I first spoke with him Monday, the credit verification problems weren't the reason for the first order being cancelled and what I was told at first about the second one last Wednesday. According to him, it was all a lack of stock issue even though I was being told all along that they were in stock. Who knows what the deal was, but it's clear that there was a severe lack of info.

As for getting the credit verifcation pushed through, someone else posted that the Nokia folks said it isn't done until they have units in stock and therefore would complete processing orders. Mine was a weird one where thay thought they had units in stock and were processing the order as such. Even so, as you saw in the linked post, I had to stay on top of them to get it done as their feedback mechanism seems very, very slow.

My advice would be to at least make the effort to have them do it now. Explain that you're trying to get the device ASAP and you want to be in a position where it ships out as soon as they have it. If you get resistance from one rep, you could always try calling back and speaking to someone else or heck, ask to speak with a supervisor. Certainly the last thing anyone wants is for it to finally be in stock and then have to wait a day or 2 for credit verification before it actually ships.

I'm still curious to hear if other people have trouble getting the credit verification so please post back if you do.

Jeff

Screw NOKIA and their stupid little toy. First I sent my just purchased 6682 in for repair FORTYFIVE days ago and to this day they haven't even given me a estimate of when I will see my phone again, if ever. This after they assured me it would take 7 to 10 working days. ......and now they can't even get the 770 release right, that's it! I'm turning to the cingular HTC WIZARD 8125, a much better device all around IMO. I'll get the 770 next year when they're begging people to please buy it for $99.00

It may take a few weeks, however the positive reviews are starting to show up. http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=430625

Originally Posted by inhibitech
Screw NOKIA and their stupid little toy. First I sent my just purchased 6682 in for repair FORTYFIVE days ago and to this day they haven't even given me a estimate of when I will see my phone again, if ever. This after they assured me it would take 7 to 10 working days. ......and now they can't even get the 770 release right, that's it! I'm turning to the cingular HTC WIZARD 8125, a much better device all around IMO. I'll get the 770 next year when they're begging people to please buy it for $99.00
BUH-BYE now!

I just got off the phone with Nokia ... they have them in stock and are currently processing orders. It should take a "few days" for them to be shipped.