Originally Posted by speculatrix View Post
I am grumpy that the USA get it for ~~$590, we in UK get it for $750 :-(
(off contract prices) ;-(
Speculatrix, have you looked at nokia.fr ?

649€ is 973.5 USD !

Well at least we get free shipping... lucky us :-)

Hopefully they can fix the one ringtone for everyone issue. >.>

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Braunschweig, Germany
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorola_Droid

Can this phone compare with the N900? It does seem quite nice.

http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2009/1...ial-droid-does

Posts: 101 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles, CA
@hashier
I would not bother that phone if I were you. It runs a bit slower clock rate (5xx MHz), and frankly speaking, the graphics on that phone would not be comparable to N900.

Let alone the camera / audio / ... etc features.
The only thing I could think of that probable better than N900 is service integration with Google.

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Braunschweig, Germany
Originally Posted by bbns View Post
@hashier
I would not bother that phone if I were you. It runs a bit slower clock rate (5xx MHz), and frankly speaking, the graphics on that phone would not be comparable to N900.

Let alone the camera / audio / ... etc features.
The only thing I could think of that probable better than N900 is service integration with Google.
CPU Clock seems the same according to wikipedia.
But you're probably right.

But the phone has definitely the better adverb (: Like the "iDont have a real Keyboard" the adverb rocks!

A friend has a G1 phone and even with that old android version it pretty much rocks the iphone

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
The delay could be a blessing. That is the good thing about delays on a new product. Gives you a chance to see the issues before you get the product. I have been a HUGE fan of the N900, but if there will be app complications for installs- the N900 could be a tech geek only device. Not good for Nokia sales and not what they were expecting if they expect to make a profit with this. Wonder if this issue is one reason for the delay- assuming it is a common issue.

Am I reading too much into the problem?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33362

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-10-23 at 13:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rushmore For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
Am I reading too much into the problem?

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=33362
I think you are. Nokia has a solution and now app developers need to fix their packages. Nokia has set up QA process to kick the developers to do the right thing.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Originally Posted by att View Post
I think you are. Nokia has a solution and now app developers need to fix their packages. Nokia has set up QA process to kick the developers to do the right thing.
Hope you are spot on!

I am guessing though this is one reason for the delay, so that the community and apps catch up to the changes. Now, where is my portrait mode

Originally Posted by ysss View Post
I never see adults throw fits when they don't get what they want.
Then you must have limited team work experience. I see it all the time.

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Kraków,Poland
Message I received from Nokia Poland a few moments ago (pasted):

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your initial order for our latest product Nokia N900 in our online shop Nokia.

Hereby, we would like to confirm that the order has been accepted and will be executed immediately after payment authorization, when the ordered product will be available for sale.

Inform you and apologize for the likely delay in the availability of our latest product Nokia N900.

Our goal is to provide a product that most will meet your expectations.

The first shipment Nokia N900 ordered in our shop are planned in the second half of November.

At the same time to inform you that your credit card will be charged at the time ordered product shipping.

If you wish to contact us for additional information, send a message to Customer Service Manager Nokia Care

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange