Notices

Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@msa
If ctrl+i does not autocomplete it, it is just not there. You can check by running "ls|grep deb" and it will find all files having deb in their name.
when i check via terminal, its not there.
when i check on my computer, it is there.

also, sometimes i'm getting completely different folders altogether.

this is how MyDocs originally looked when i copied the file:

only 1 folder and the desired file.

this is what i enter in terminal and the error i'm getting:

you see i do ls|grep deb but it doesnt show anything, although the file is there.

this is how it looked the second time around i connected to my computer and checked MyDocs for the file:

wtf, where did all the stuff come from and where is the deb-file?

then i disconnected, connected again and it looked like in the first picture, saying all the folders are gone again except the .images and the deb-file appeared.
seriously, i'm really pissed now and confused about how illogical everything is -.-

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@msa
If your phone OS does not see file with such name in that directory it is not there. What I notice on your screenshots is the time .images was last altered. In the first one it is 14.01.2010, on the second - 19.08.2010. Loks to me that you are not checking one and the same location.
You can try run "find|grep deb", this will show you where *deb files are located on your device.

Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
@msa
If your phone OS does not see file with such name in that directory it is not there. What I notice on your screenshots is the time .images was last altered. In the first one it is 14.01.2010, on the second - 19.08.2010. Loks to me that you are not checking one and the same location.
You can try run "find|grep deb", this will show you where *deb files are located on your device.
hm. how come?
when i access the device, i'm put into the root-folder.
i go up one level, then enter home, then user, then MyDocs.
this is where i put the deb-file, this is where the magic happened.
i'm not aware of any other home/user/MyDoc folder-path on the n900 than the one i'm using or trying to use.

i tried find|grep deb, but it mostly shows my jpeg-files in ./.thumbnails/cropped/ folder, but no deb-files...

maybe a stupid question, but: does the deb-file for this tweak HAS to be located in home/user/MyDocs? if the phone doesnt know about this folder, why not try it from somewhere else?

btw, when i go the home/user/Mydocs in terminal and do ls, i get the folder-structure of the third picture, not the one seen in the first picture, where i put the deb-file.

*sigh*

Last edited by msa; 2010-08-22 at 13:11.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by msa View Post
hm. how come?
when i access the device, i'm put into the root-folder.
i go up one level, then enter home, then user, then MyDocs.
this is where i put the deb-file, this is where the magic happened.
i'm not aware of any other home/user/MyDoc folder-path on the n900 than the one i'm using or trying to use.

i tried find|grep deb, but it mostly shows my jpeg-files in ./.thumbnails/cropped/ folder, but no deb-files...

maybe a stupid question, but: does the deb-file for this tweak HAS to be located in home/user/MyDocs? if the phone doesnt know about this folder, why not try it from somewhere else?

btw, when i go the home/user/Mydocs in terminal and do ls, i get the folder-structure of the third picture, not the one seen in the first picture, where i put the deb-file.

*sigh*
Not sure what's going on there, but..
put the deb in /root (that's the directory /root, I don't mean /), then open terminal, type root then cd then dpkg -i h (press on screen tab or CTRL I)

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Not sure what's going on there, but..
put the deb in /root (that's the directory /root, I don't mean /), then open terminal, type root then cd then dpkg -i h (press on screen tab or CTRL I)
that did work!
thank you very much MohammadAG!
and thank you zlatko for being so patient with me!

/edit: installing this replaces any custom transition.ini files! i had to put the custom one back again.

Last edited by msa; 2010-08-22 at 13:47.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
that did work!
thank you very much MohammadAG!
and thank you zlatko for being so patient with me!

/edit: installing this replaces any custom transition.ini files! i had to put the custom one back again.
hildon-desktop devs' decision, not mine, I would use a file in /etc for the transitions, might patch that.

edit: actually, that might break a lot of instructions on the forum, though it's very easy to change
#define TRANSITIONS_INI "/usr/share/hildon-desktop/transitions.ini"
#define TRANSITIONS_INI_FROM_THEME "/etc/hildon/theme/transitions.ini"

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-08-22 at 14:02.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
imo we should have specific test repo for this kind of stuff. Too many people in this thread are installing this and they do not clearly have no freaking idea what they are doing expect filling thread with questions that should not be even asked. By this i mean that if you start installing stuff outside official app manager and official repos you should be prepared to stuff like xterm and flashing without asking.

Thank you MohammadAG for this fix and for me it works nicely. Those oulook sync failures look bit troublesome so lets hope that we can test this package properly after you put that repo up. Maybe big fat warning to fist post should be okey and keep away people that should not test this. Thanks.

Last edited by slender; 2010-08-23 at 12:07.

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
then i disconnected, connected again and it looked like in the first picture, saying all the folders are gone again except the .images and the deb-file appeared.
seriously, i'm really pissed now and confused about how illogical everything is -.-
If you connect your device in USB mass storage mode, the MyDocs partition gets unmounted (on your device), so it can get mounted on your computer. If you then try to access your MyDocs, you won't see files. If you copy files to MyDocs (on the device or via SSH), they will be masked away when MyDocs is re-mounted. You can access them again on the device while it is connected via USB or when manually mounting/umounting MyDocs. You can check whether MyDocs is mounted or not with the command "mount" (if there is an entry for it, it's mounted - otherwise it's not).

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Where is the source of this GPL package?

"N900 community support for the MeeGo-Harmattan" Is the new "Mer is Fremantle for N810".

No more Nokia devices for me.

Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
After installing this new package I was able finally to get rid from incoming call screen glitch and I can keep my phone app in portrait mode. What I noticed is that when I receive call the status bar(containing battery, signal and other indicators) on top is missing. After I answer the call it appears. As far as I remember it was not so before.
It is not a big deal. I just wonder - is it only me or others with update hildon-desktop package experience same behavior?

Tags
bugfix, great stuff, the-red-button