Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
All we hear is radio gaga radio gogo...

What differs functionally wise between n9 and n900 versions?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Originally Posted by marxian View Post
I've already implemented logo support for the stations. These will be saved to the local disk if a station is added to the database.

It's not as simple as adding an option to choose MAFW. I need to implement a player that uses MAFW instead of Phonon. If/when I do that, I don't see any reason to allow Phonon as a choice, since there would be no reason to choose it.
While waiting for that, i think we would live very well with the possibility to add a custom command to play the selected stream:

mplayer "http://shoutcast.rtl.it:3020/listen.pls"

or:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://shoutcast.rtl.it:3020/listen.pls"

This would also solve any "codec not supported" issue and allow an easy customization and fix for all the supported platforms.

Posts: 569 | Thanked: 462 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ USA
It's not as simple as adding an option to choose MAFW. I need to implement a player that uses MAFW instead of Phonon. If/when I do that, I don't see any reason to allow Phonon as a choice, since there would be no reason to choose it.
I'm not familiar with the internal differences of the players, but I have noticed that mplayer has issues with buffering that result in its abandoning a stream & going silent when taxed. I must use kmplayer, which must differ somehow, when reliability for not going silent is essential.

Last edited by rotoflex; 2014-06-12 at 23:29.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
As far still can hear Radio 1 (essential mix).

What will happen with favorites?

Greetings.

PD: I know we still can on tunein.
Existing favourites will be lost, but you can add them back via TuneIn. Once you add the stations to the database, you'll be able to browse them offline. The benefit is that you might only need 100 stations in the database, which will result in better performance than having 30,000 stations, where 29,900 are never even used. There is also a better chance that the stations will be up to date when you add them, and you can always update them using TuneIn if they ever stop working.

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
All we hear is radio gaga radio gogo...

What differs functionally wise between n9 and n900 versions?
There are no significant differences. Just some UI details.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xes View Post
While waiting for that, i think we would live very well with the possibility to add a custom command to play the selected stream:

mplayer "http://shoutcast.rtl.it:3020/listen.pls"

or:

dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.nokia.mediaplayer /com/nokia/mediaplayer com.nokia.mediaplayer.mime_open string:"http://shoutcast.rtl.it:3020/listen.pls"

This would also solve any "codec not supported" issue and allow an easy customization and fix for all the supported platforms.
I can do that. cuteTube already has that feature.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Here's what the Harmattan version currently looks like, with station logos and a toolbutton in place of the 'Now playing' banner:

My website

GitHub

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rotoflex View Post
I'm not familiar with the internal differences of the players, but I have noticed that mplayer has issues with buffering that result in its abandoning a stream & going silent when taxed. I must use kmplayer, which must differ somehow, when reliability for not going silent is essential.
You can set the buffer size for mplayer with the 'cache' parameter, e.g

Code:
mplayer --cache=2048 $filename
This should help with any buffering issues. I don't know if KMPlayer changes the default buffer size when it uses the mplayer backend.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Here's what the Harmattan version currently looks like, with station logos and a toolbutton in place of the 'Now playing' banner:

http://t.imgbox.com/p3dEvicv.jpg http://t.imgbox.com/IcJxsdIp.jpg http://t.imgbox.com/ChCf7DDn.jpg
very nice, keep up your good work

Update. Version 0.2.0 for Maemo5 will be available soon.

Changelog:

* Added TuneIn integration.
* Added podcasts.
* Added option to play a station direct from a URL.
* Added option to use an alternative media player.

Screenshots:

My website

GitHub

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:

Tags
internet, radio