Closed Thread
Posts: 369 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Virginia
Originally Posted by remister View Post
This is going be like the scammer that got scamed.
http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/
LOVE IT
That's beautiful...simply beautiful.

The world is a better place with Jeff in it....I SALUTE YOU, JEFF

The Following User Says Thank You to Hogwash For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
That's beautiful...simply beautiful.

The world is a better place with Jeff in it....I SALUTE YOU, JEFF
lol i just got done reading that. Comedy Gold!

I posted this in the N900 UK thread but this may be of use to the UK forum members who are ordering their N900's.

Right guys, be gentle, a newbie here but i'm going to throw a big spanner into the works here in terms of how to get a sim free N900 direct from Nokia for the princely sum of: £310.61 (also works for anyother Nokia phones but as this a N900 thread)

You have until the 21st October for this to work.

first go to http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ and create an account, they're a bit like quidco but no fees, bascically they have agreements in place with merchants where a % of your purchase is passed on to you in the form of cashback, this is usually paid 2-3 months after your purchase has been verified and will go either into your bank account or paypal depending on what you've entered as your preferred payment option.

Ok, once logged in and signed up, click on search in the merchants and you will see Nokia, it show's 10% off, if you're signed in and click the visit merchant button you will then open a new window that will take you to the Nokia UK website, add the N900 (or whichever phone you wish to purchase in the cart and checkout).

Once you have checked out you will see that the sum being asked for is £499 inc free delivery.

Ok, scroll to the "Enter Promotion Discount" box and enter: AFFUK15

This will reduce £74.85 off the phone should now come up at a rate of £424.15

Again go to the "Enter Promotion Discount" box and enter: SOCUK15

This will reduce £63.62 off the phone should now come up at a rate of £360.53.

Please note that topcashback on the discount codes & deals tab of the nokia retail page says:
You can use both codes AFFUK15 and SOCUK15 at the same time.

I have just tried it now and it does work!

Ok so the phone is now down to £360.51 which is pretty damn good, well because you used Topcashback you will get 10% off the price, no not the final price with all the discounts but in fact the starting price which is £499 so you will get cash in your account or paypal for another £49.90 meaning your N900 will have cost you £310.61.

I believe the Soc Media discount code is going to expire on the 21st of October.

I have received confirmation of my order from Nokia by Email and Topcashback has also tracked my order.

Hope this helps some of you.

Any questions, give me a shout.

Hass

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hass For This Useful Post:
Hello

A shop in denmark have just got a confirm from Nokia, that they will first have it mid november :O

Baaaah Just sold my Nokia E90 and want N900...

From Kehaan.

I am so tired of seeing this page!

Originally Posted by theinternet View Post
I am so tired of seeing this page!
Maybe soon Nokia will announce the N900 is cancelled due to unresolvable issues and you won't have to look at it anymore

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by mak View Post
my supplier now says week 46/2009
(an hour ago it was the 20th of october)
And everytime you get on their nerves they will add two weeks to the shipping date for *your* device

Originally Posted by range View Post
And everytime you get on their nerves they will add two weeks to the shipping date for *your* device
lustig

@mak: Ruf doch einfach bei Nokia.de an und frag Sie ob du noch vorbestellen kannst und trotzdem den ersten Packen bekommst. Dann scheiß einfach auf den anderen Shop da.

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
After following the instructions from hass, I placed an order and got a confirmation email from Nokia that included this text:
Thank you for your order at Nokia UK Online Shop.
Anticipated Ship Date: 3 to 4 weeks
PS: If anyone is making a purchase using the method described by Hass, please sign up using this referral code:
http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/eiffel

If Hass posts his own referral code, I'll remove this one because Hass is the one who found the discount.

Regards,
Roger

[ edit: Hass is happy for people to use either link. Here's his: http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/hass80 ]

Last edited by eiffel; 2009-10-19 at 16:27.

Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising