Posts: 383 | Thanked: 209 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London UK
OK, I 'might' have some news on this, at least from the Nokia direct order side of things..

After hearing about the delay from MPD to the end of the month, i rang them and they confirmed what others have been saying, but still wouldn't give a date.
I then rang Nokia and went through to sales and spoke the the guy there. Now this is just what he told me, about my order and I cant claim that it applies to anyone else.
When I enquired about ordering a phone - I was told, categorically, several times, that Nokia UK are not getting their n900's until Fri 20th.
I ordered a phone (see proof below) and with express delivery, I was told that I could expect delivery for Tues, maybe Wed if Im unlucky.
I enquired about getting it Mon, but was told that as they are taking delivery on Fri, then they would not be shipping it out until Mon, so delivery Tue/Wed to the customer
he was absolutely certain that they would not receive their n900's until Fri, he was also certain that they would have enough to fill ALL pre-orders and spare...

Hello Martin

Thank you for shopping at the Nokia UK Online Shop. We have received your new order. Please note that this Email is simply an update on your order status and not an Order Confirmation.

You will receive an Order Confirmation by email for all products once they are shipped.

Please be aware that your order may be subject to an additional security check before being sent.

The details for the order you placed on 17-11-2009 are shown below.

Order number CNLxxxxxxxxx

At least I have a date now and can now get back on with my life
And I have a spare n900 to sell now on ebay!

Hope this helps the people who have ordered direct from Nokia

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello, New users start here, Community subforum , Beginners'wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to edgedemon For This Useful Post:
Hi edgedemon,

I can't believe Nokia anymore. Cause, according to them, my N900 would be in my hands since 3 or 4 weeks now. They told me that they have it in the hands and it would be shipped within this week.
That was... well... the 20th october I guess.

ok. this website displays the map of the port of MASAN.

Masan is the town in south korea where the n900's are manufactured. it has a port of which the website is down here:

http://www.uniprosmarine.com/port/port-masan.htm

so i think it is fairly safe to assume that the n900 will have departed from that port.

if you want to see the map of MASAN and the harbour on google maps, type in "nokia TMC" at the search function. it will guide you to the exact location of the factory.

Now if we CALL the port or the nokia TMC factory, there might be a way to figure out on which boat the N900 has departed.

Then we can use a ship tracker tool, which can be found on the internet to locate where the ship is now, or just call the port to ask them what the ETA of the ship is.

Nokia TMC Ltd.

8F 705 19 Yeoksam Dong
Seoul 135 080
Korea (South)

Tel: (82) 2 2186 5000

(nokia tmc in maps.google.com gives this : 055-290-7777‎ telephone number.)

country code for south korea is:

so 00 82 55 290 7777 should work since the country code is 82 and area code is 55.

the other number is in seoul which has are code 22 so that should be 00 82 22 186 5000

Web Site: www.nokia.co.kr

Last edited by Devil; 2009-11-17 at 14:44.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Devil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
First post had to be about N900 delivery. Thought i would comment on my latest discussion with MPD. They have told me that it has been shipped to the UK and is in a warehouse in the UK now. It is at this point Nokia has now delayed the device from shipping to resellars. When asked when i would have the device in my hands i was told "next week or the week after i guess" MPD rep also confirmed that my N900 brought on T-mobile contract was unlocked and unbranded so at least i can be happy about that if not the delivery.

Cheers
Oh now I get it.. it's a ploy so that I don't get my phone before my birthday. Monday 30th it will arrive then. And it's my other half's fault.
That would be sort of 'late November' and also (hedging bets) early December- AND 14 days after shipping................................. sussed it.

The Following User Says Thank You to ninjaboxergirl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Black Mesa Research Facility

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack6428 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Anybody here truly believe Nokia started shipping the phone or they said it is "released" so people here can shut up.

who is gonna call?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post
also told credit check is done and complete
Inttteresting! - i ordered from MPD, a new vodafone contract on "9th Sept - no credit check done yet! Humph.....

Posts: 142 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Austria
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Anybody here truly believe Nokia started shipping the phone or they said it is "released" so people here can shut up.
I think they have misspoken and for real wanted to say that they think of shipping the phone

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by x61 View Post
Well that worked well then