Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Originally Posted by noobmonkey View Post
Inttteresting! - i ordered from MPD, a new vodafone contract on "9th Sept - no credit check done yet! Humph.....
how do you know there's been no credit check done?

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
how do you know there's been no credit check done?
As it would show on my bank account - all previous contracts (I order a few hundred a year at work) subtract a few pounds and put it back in again. Never once had a full credit check done? (Using personal and work accounts)

Also, they don't tend to do that until they a) have stock, and b) are ready to send it to the customer

Well thats what i think? - hope i'm wrong and it's all been completed secretly, and my n900 is at home waiting for me now

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ South Yorkshire
Nice vid- you know it occurred to me- in the last 3 days I've seen several N97 mini adverts on TV suddenly pop up. i wonder if Nokia are waiting for those to subside so they can do same for 900- I haven't seen a single advert anywhere for the N900- has anyone else?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
oh that's my kinda humour

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
All Nokia is doing by announcing the product shipped a week ago and not tell us they did it by boat is just causing the perception of more delay and people will begin canceling their orders and getting other "phones". They should have made the announcement at the point the product was inbound freight for their channel partners. It is VERY odd to announce at the point of delivery they have chosen.

It could be when all is said and done, the only main group of people that will keep their orders are the original gadget fans and techies that have been following the device all along.

Well, at least there will be less posts here for the techs to respond to

Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
All Nokia is doing by announcing the product shipped a week ago and not tell us they did it by boat is just causing the perception of more delay and people will begin canceling their orders and getting other "phones". They should have made the announcement at the point the product was inbound freight for their channel partners. It is VERY odd to announce at the point of delivery they have chosen.
Nokia has promised that it is released in November. There is still two weeks to go.

Nokia Finland Online Shop and Nokia UK Online Shop have both confirmed that handling/shipping (from Holland?) will start at the end of this week so lucky ones will get it by Friday or Monday.

Also it seems that Nokia will have one week exclusitivity for N900 so other retails and online shops will start selling it around 27.11.2009 unless they will defy Nokia's orders.

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by att View Post
Nokia has promised that it is released in November. There is still two weeks to go.

Nokia Finland Online Shop and Nokia UK Online Shop have both confirmed that handling/shipping (from Holland?) will start at the end of this week so lucky ones will get it by Friday or Monday.

Also it seems that Nokia will have one week exclusitivity for N900 so other retails and online shops will start selling it around 27.11.2009 unless they will defy Nokia's orders.
Nokia also promised it would be shipped by the end of September. Then they promised it would be shipped by the end of October. Your optimism is cute, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to twoboxen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 388 | Thanked: 1,340 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Finland
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
Your optimism is cute, though.
Thank you.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ A place with no mountains
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
Nokia also promised it would be shipped by the end of September. Then they promised it would be shipped by the end of October. Your optimism is cute, though.
I do not recall that being the case. As far as I remember, Nokia never even estimated that the N900 would ship in September. They did originally estimate that it would ship in October, but that was most certainly not a promise. There has only been one delay for the N900.

Some people are micro-obsessing. My advice: stay sane, be happy, and don't blow the small stuff out of proportion. I think most of us are just having a good time staying connected while we follow the introduction of this revolutionary product. Nothing wrong with that as long as we don't let ourselves become frustrated.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 Intro, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Choosing open source is an important purchasing decision for your future. The closed source model of computing is a form of exploitation -- of us! Open source empowers us. Be smart -- chose open source.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MountainX For This Useful Post: