was just looking through that actually. some seem trivial (openssl upgrade), some are already fixed but not updated? libpng + microb now using system lib as a result. will look over more in the morning

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
some of them are already fixed

@Android_808, also if you know some bug, you can also try to fix it... Or add some missing feature in core maemo system which you need...

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 615 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by Garrett_PL View Post
But when (after rolling back to 7.2) I sended testing text message - just to make sure, the ring tone was wtill f up. So 1st txt was with default Message1 tone, 2nd without sound, 3rd with user choosen tone. So I edited the 99.custom.ini file in profiled, choosing the right tones for each event (of course moving the copy of both files before messing around in safe place). Now it's ringing like it should, right tones for right event.

So my point is, the ringtone bug exists, and for sure it came to me after CSSU-T8, but rolling back to T7.2 did not helped at all.
Tryed to investigate the system sounds&ringtone problem, but there seems to be no systematic behaviour. Silence & default Nokia Tune & my chosen ringtone are alternating in seemingly no systematic order - the worst scenario to debug

However, as the N900 is my only phone and I have missed several important calls and in some occasions the alarm clock ringed without an alarm tone I probably have to reflash and now I'm afraid to install any CSSU at all...

The only thing I could think about it is that the default tones are in /usr/share/sounds (NAND Flash?) and user settable sounds are in EMMC... But that does not explain why there is sometimes silence at the event when there should be a sound... But it definitevly came with CSSU-Testing 8...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to acrux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 198 | Thanked: 219 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Louth / Ireland
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
Tryed to investigate the system sounds&ringtone problem, but there seems to be no systematic behaviour. Silence & default Nokia Tune & my chosen ringtone are alternating in seemingly no systematic order - the worst scenario to debug

However, as the N900 is my only phone and I have missed several important calls and in some occasions the alarm clock ringed without an alarm tone I probably have to reflash and now I'm afraid to install any CSSU at all...

The only thing I could think about it is that the default tones are in /usr/share/sounds (NAND Flash?) and user settable sounds are in EMMC... But that does not explain why there is sometimes silence at the event when there should be a sound... But it definitevly came with CSSU-Testing 8...
I'm thought I had this one behind me, but now there is my ringtone or silence, both text and calls. Now I'll try to purge few and restore few apps, so get to the exacly point that I was before ringtone bug. Because like I said, I rolled back to 7.2 where it was all sound with the ringtones, but the bug was still present. If anything will change here I'll post the result.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Garrett_PL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 58 | Thanked: 134 times | Joined on Dec 2012 @ Vilnius, Lithuania
Originally Posted by acrux View Post
This bug is old. I had it even in vanilla PR1.3 (don't remember about PR1.2). After some time, week or so, randomly I wouldn't get sound for SMS/Call

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iceskateclog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 238 | Thanked: 131 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by freemangordon
right now there are only 3 active developers left in CSSU team
I strongly hope that will be much more than 3 developers

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to disappear For This Useful Post:
Posts: 650 | Thanked: 497 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Ghent, Belgium
Originally Posted by iceskateclog View Post
This bug is old. I had it even in vanilla PR1.3 (don't remember about PR1.2). After some time, week or so, randomly I wouldn't get sound for SMS/Call
Really? Never had it on my n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to petur For This Useful Post:
Posts: 68 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Ukraine
MicroB working fine, but have problem with default notes: when started - app crashed with message "Внутренняя ошибка. Приложение заметки закрыто"(use russian UI: "Internal error. The application notes closed").

The Following User Says Thank You to badazimer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,238 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
Originally Posted by badazimer View Post
MicroB working fine, but have problem with default notes: when started - app crashed with message "Внутренняя ошибка. Приложение заметки закрыто"(use russian UI: "Internal error. The application notes closed").
this error is discused and solved. alway do a search. check this thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=66970

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to panjgoori For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Just in case, read thise thread: Notes: Internal error.
Best wishes.

Last edited by Wikiwide; 2013-06-19 at 12:14. Reason: misprint

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:

Tags
cssu testing