Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
just ordered n950, he seems real. He sold that first batch and now has a second. If what nokia has been saying is true N950 will be impossible to find especially at that price. considering they said 750 for 64gb and this is 577 after all fees definitely worth it in my opinion. I will post updates when I receive it in my hands even though I might have to wait until August 29th

Last edited by bsd1101; 2011-07-01 at 13:14.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by xalted13 View Post
just ordered n950, he seems real. He sold that first batch and now has a second. If what nokia has been saying is true N950 will be impossible to find especially at that price. considering they said 750 for 64gb and this is 577 after all fees definitely worth it in my opinion. I will post updates when I receive it in my hands
Well, I wonder why the seller states "You may know me from my previous sales of very cheap Nokia N8's, Samsung Galaxy S II's and iPhone 4's." as he's profile shows that he has only sold 4£ map packs to Call of Duty.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ministeri For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,716 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by Ministeri View Post
Well, I wonder why the seller states "You may know me from my previous sales of very cheap Nokia N8's, Samsung Galaxy S II's and iPhone 4's." as he's profile shows that he has only sold 4£ map packs to Call of Duty.
Seems like it's indeed a scam

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 182 | Thanked: 540 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
N950 as in Devkit has 16GiB of space. Of which you have approximately 9GiB available for your files and rest is occupied by the operating system.

There are no N950s with bigger space apart from some pre-production prototypes which anyway are Nokia property and selling those on eBay would be breach of law.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abbra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by abbra View Post
N950 as in Devkit has 16GiB of space. Of which you have approximately 9GiB available for your files and rest is occupied by the operating system.

There are no N950s with bigger space apart from some pre-production prototypes which anyway are Nokia property and selling those on eBay would be breach of law.
just asked him for a refund. Also ebay buyer protection is 45 days, that order would be shipping in more than that. Now i'm paranoid

Originally Posted by abbra View Post

are we sure about these specs. He already gave me a refund but sent me these specs Microprocessor,:Chipset
CPU;Clock: 1000 MHz
CPU: Texas Instruments OMAP 3630

Memory,;Storage+capacity

RAM-capacity: 512 MiB
ROM;capacity: 512 MiB
Secondary+ROM+capacity: 59.6 GiB

Display

Display:Type: color transflective TFT , 16777216 scales
Display_Diagonal: 4 "
Display-Resolution: 854 x 480
Video_out: 1280x720 (720p) resolution

Sound

Microphone(s): stereo
Loudspeaker(s): Supported
Audio+Output: 3.5mm
Cellular:Phone
Cellular+Networks: GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900, UMTS850, UMTS900, UMTS1700, UMTS1900, UMTS2100
Cellularata_Links: CSD, GPRS, EDGE, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA+
Vibrating:Alert: Supported
Speakerphone-: Supported
Control;Peripherals
Positioning_Device: Multi-touch screen
Primary:Keyboard: Slide and tilt QWERTY-type keyboard
Directional-Pad: 4 -way
Scroll_Wheel: Not supported

Interfaces

Expansion+Slots: microSD, microSDHC, TransFlash
USB: Supported
micro-USB
Bluetooth: Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Wireless_LAN: 802.11a, 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n
Infrared+Gate: Not supported
Multimedia_Telecommunication
Analog+Radio:Receiver: FM radio (87.5-108MHz) with RDS
Digital-Media+Broadcast;Tuner: Not supported

Satellite_Navigation

Built-in_GPS+module: Supported
Complementary:GPS-Services: Assisted GPS, QuickGPS, Geotagging
Built-in+Digital;Camera
Main;Camera: 8 MP and 12MP modules
Autofocus;(AF): Supported
Optical+Zoom: 1 x
Macro:Mode: Supported
Built-in;Flash: mobile light (LED)
Secondary Camera: 0.3MP
Battery: Removable
Battery Capacity: 1320 mAH
Built-in Accelerometer: Supported

i'm telling him to join this forum prove he can get these phones and sell all of em

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I just saw that too, he apparently has an N9 for sale too... Wish I could believe it but as the n9's not even released and the n950 has only started going out to developers I doubt this is genuine!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
if you read he say's you'll get the shipment by a certain date but that date is out of bounds of the ebay payment protection. His account has been active since march of 2010 so I don't know if a scammer would create an account and scam a year later but at the same time its all a little fishy

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
I personally wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole, but if there some "risk takers" on this list "go crazy"

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
N950 he's guaranteeing 6th of August, so that's within the 45days, less risky than the N9 *shrugs*

"<SNIP>This is a pre-order of the phone and you will get guaranteed delivery by 6th August 2011.
A full tracking number will be provided and the package will be posted via Special Delivery which is insured up to the value of £500.
This phone has an earlier delivery date than the N9 solely because the N950s are available to acquire immediately, whereas the N9s will be purchasable in the upcoming weeks.
That is why I can guarantee a much earlier delivery date for the N950s, should you choose to buy one
<SNIP>"

*edit*
That listing's supposedly ended because that "batch" is all sold out, his latest 2 listing are well outside the 45 days.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-N9-B...item415b41979b
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nokia-N950...item415b45f7b5

I can't see a suspicious pattern in any of his feedback, then again I'm extremely sleep deprived right now
It's a high +ve % (98.5), over a long period if time, but he prolly cultivates several good accounts over "years".
And then every once in a while sets up a scam on one of his "good" accounts...

I still call BS... social engineering at it's worst IMO ;P

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-07-01 at 19:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:

Tags
disapoint, eflop, epic win!, laggy interface, n9 rox, so much win, wateriswet, who cares, whyyyyy??????