Active Topics

Closed Thread
forget this update i'm waiting for the new major update...hope its some time next week, i could really do with Maps v3 and i hope it will supports portrait mode.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
portrait mode.
lol....... done to death that one

simple question for you........ WHo's going to re-write all of the code for the applications to make them usable in portrait? - lots of them just haven't been setup for it.

The best you could get are some of the core apps being usable.... but wouldn't count on it :P
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

any VODAFONE UK users out there not received anything yet??? I've had nothing.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by dbs11 View Post
any VODAFONE UK users out there not received anything yet??? I've had nothing.
thats because it's not released in the UK yet......
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
forget this update i'm waiting for the new major update...hope its some time next week, i could really do with Maps v3 and i hope it will supports portrait mode.
Is Portrait Mode that important? You would have to re-organise your desktop for each orientation, and the onscreen keyboard would be a tight fit, possibly making it awkward to use. probably more trouble than it is worth.

Remember the two main apps that are useful in portrait mode already are portrait capable - the phone app and the browser.

The new Maps would be realy useful though...

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Is Portrait Mode that important? You would have to re-organise your desktop for each orientation, and the onscreen keyboard would be a tight fit, possibly making it awkward to use. probably more trouble than it is worth.

Remember the two main apps that are useful in portrait mode already are portrait capable - the phone app and the browser.

The new Maps would be realy useful though...
yes it is for Maps appication for me, i aint gonna buy another holder for my car so that i can have phone sat in landscape mode...

p.s my question was about maps in portrait mode!

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
I would love to have potriat mode for the homescreen and menu (for apps dont care), it would make navigating the phone much quicker for simple tasks.

So any rumors on pr 1.2? What's the expected release date and/or changelog?

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Did anyone see an update in System in app manager? Didnt have enough memory so uninstalled a few things, then went back and it was gone? :S Phone rebooted when i uninstalled droid fonts and now the maemo update is gone?

Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
Not here, and I've just checked again.

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update