Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ Guildford Surrey UK
Hi all!

Thank you very much for your support in finding new ways to register a new N900 device to WhatsApp without the need of NITROID.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=1260

I followed the great tutorial by davdav but I had some problems.

Originally Posted by davdav View Post
4-Now you get the error "UNKNOWN ERROR"
At first I didn't get this UNKNOWN ERROR but the java port simply freezed.

5-Its hacking time now ; edit this file
/home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/prefs.xml
It could be because the java port freezed, but actually I had to erase this:
/home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/prefs.xml

and edit according to the tutorial this copy in the "storage" subfolder instead:
/home/user/.java/.userPrefs/org/peterbjornx/whatsapp/storage/prefs.xml

6-Now restart whatsapp java port by peterbjornx
7-Enter the code whatsapp sent to you earlier
This simply didn't work for me, since I was getting an UNKNOWN ERROR at this step... which shall not be the case.
Therefore I COULD NOT COMPLETE the verification using the java port...

But here it comes the interesing part:
I simply started yappari 0.18 in desperation without expecting anything more than the usual registration errors... but... IT REGISTERED SUCCESSFULLY

I also received a further SMS with the registration code.

Long story short, I'm now suggesting new users to try the following procedure since I think I didn't really needed the java port during my weird registration

1- install yappari 0.18

2- Download BlueStacks and install official WhatsApp on it

3- Begin the registration procedure but DON'T ENTER the verification code
(at this point I received an SMS on my N900 and when the SMS registration was told unsuccessful on BlueStack I was also able to get the same code via Voice call).

4- connect to the internet with the N900 and open yappari 0.18

5- insert the same phone number you used for the half registration on the official WhatsApp on BlueStacks

6- I was astonished since at this point my registration was successful. I received a further SMS with the same verification code (this time triggered by yappari, I assume) and I was seamlessly logged in! :-o

What do you think about it?
It could be possible that just the half-registration via the official WhatsApp on BlueStack removed some blocks for yappari?
As if the block is actually to start a brand new registration, while the completion of a registration already begun on the official app could be concluded by a third party app?

Please have a look at this and try to replicate the "positively weird" process I came across! ;-)

I'm sorry if I made a mess describing what I did, but I'm available to questions if something is not clear.

Thank you very much to Scorpius for yappari and to RDilus and davdav for the java port tutorials.

Cheers

Hi.... I've a question

When i try to register in the original android whatsapp, the sms confirmation fail and when whatsapp try the call confirmation in nitroid i can't heard nothing in the calls; so i don't know how to register in the original android whatsapp...

What can I do??

Thanks

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2012 @ MALAYSIA
Hai all... sorry for bad english..

Maybe today is my bad day..
I woke up this morning then i see yappari ask to reconfirm my registeration... I just skip the step then it not say connected or logged in.. but just yappari version. For now i use ver 0.0.18.. Everything ok before from ver 0.0.13 untill yesterday.. I use yappari about 3 month..

My question here is,, if i reenter my registeration proses. Will whatsapp block my number..??

The Following User Says Thank You to karmaneraka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
same here, i'm running v .0.0.16... and i don't have nitroid.
scumbag whatsapp: refuses to make an app for maemo... bloks the one that is already done and running...

The Following User Says Thank You to Joryn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 30 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Mumbai, India
Originally Posted by karmaneraka View Post

I woke up this morning then i see yappari ask to reconfirm my registeration... I just skip the step then it not say connected or logged in.. but just yappari version. For now i use ver 0.0.18.. Everything ok before from ver 0.0.13 untill yesterday.. I use yappari about 3 month..

My question here is,, if i reenter my registeration proses. Will whatsapp block my number..??
I am also facing the same problem since today morning with version 0.0.18. It is asking for verification of country code & mobile number. On entering the details, it shows verifying progress bar & then again the screen comes back to previous status, verify your country code & mobile number...

Huh!

Need help to sort this out.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by dipen_sanghavi View Post
I am also facing the same problem since today morning with version 0.0.18. It is asking for verification of country code & mobile number. On entering the details, it shows verifying progress bar & then again the screen comes back to previous status, verify your country code & mobile number...

Huh!

Need help to sort this out.
we shouldn't re validate the number right?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 47 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ United Kingdom
Originally Posted by karmaneraka View Post

Please check that your Yappari confiration file is okay.
You can do so by issuing the following command in xTerm:
Code:
cat /home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf
You should get something like this:
Code:
[General]
registered=true
number=505XXXXXX
cc=966
phonenumber=966505XXXXXX
status=I am using Yappari!
If you have any of the lines missing or incomplete, then edit the file; "/home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf" and add the missing information. Then try and start yappari again.

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
Code:
Code:
[General]
registered=true
number=505XXXXXX
cc=966
phonenumber=966505XXXXXX
If you have any of the lines missing or incomplete, then edit the file; "/home/user/.config/scorpius/yappari.conf" and add the missing information. Then try and start yappari again.
Sorry mlwane... a question... when I issue the comand:
I don't get any information in the xterm that you mention...

And are the same comands if I are a user of nitroid and I am register in the original android whatsapp and i have version 0.017 of yappari??? because I have the same problem that yappari ask for register again...

thanks

Originally Posted by mlwane View Post
Code:
Code:
[General]
registered=true
number=505XXXXXX
cc=966
phonenumber=966505XXXXXX
hey...i checked dis...it shows d same as u suggest...bt still my yappari asks for re-registration

The Following User Says Thank You to parth.rocky For This Useful Post:
i guess...whatsapp has blocked yappari...
i was using it frm 2-3 mnths...bt suddenly frm today mrng it asks fr re-registration..n i cant register it...

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp