I just installed this to my N9 and it is amazing!
I also modified wiki for some mistakes there, as I encountered them while installing...
Shame, if there wont be any active developers. I would like to see new life blown to my device.

I will try to use this for my main phone for couple of days and see how it goes.

Couple of questions:
I can't get root privileges, I did what had to do and removed root password in Harmattan. When i type in (Sailfish) terminal su and password blank, it says: "wrong password"

Other thing, I can't get store working yet. I will try it later. I used coderus'es ssu.ini with no luck.

Originally Posted by valexi View Post
I just installed this to my N9 and it is amazing!
I also modified wiki for some mistakes there, as I encountered them while installing...
Shame, if there wont be any active developers. I would like to see new life blown to my device.

I will try to use this for my main phone for couple of days and see how it goes.

Couple of questions:
I can't get root privileges, I did what had to do and removed root password in Harmattan. When i type in (Sailfish) terminal su and password blank, it says: "wrong password"

Other thing, I can't get store working yet. I will try it later. I used coderus'es ssu.ini with no luck.
Same happing to me "wrong password" sailfish terminal

I have managed to install sailfish on my N9

Problems i have found:
- the store, accessing it is ok, but when trying to install an app, after clicking on install, it remains in a waiting state.
- i cannot install the charging .rpm workaround provided by coderus,but i receive the following error:
[root@localhost Downloads]# zypper install statefs-provider-bme-1.0.0-3.armv7hl.rpm
Repository named '_tmpRPMcache_' already exists. Please use another alias.
Authentication required for 'https://store-repository.jolla.com/features/1.0.2.5/xt9/armv7hl/'
User Name: vasile123
Password:
Authentication required for 'https://store-repository.jolla.com/features/1.0.2.5/xt9/armv7hl/'
User Name: vasile123
Password:

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,700 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@valexi @Gizamkd its devel-su. and password set in developer mode settings

@coderus Thanks! Now it works!

@vasile123 You dont need the charging fix in r5.1

thank you, valexi

otherwise, for the apps installation from the store, you have the same behavior?
i don't see anything about this in this thread

another 2 problems, not seen in the list of bugs:
- videos are not played, just the sound of them;
- videoclips from youtube are not seen, just the loading gear is rotating.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
Hi,
Sad times for Sailfish on N9 it seems. Personaly, after having tried it for few days, I switched back to Harmattan which is, in my opinion, superior to SailfishOS, and more important, totally integrated with the N9 hardware.

From this Sailfish OS try, I've found how much I like the Amoled display and its ability to display notifications, this is not provided on the Jolla 1 and Sailfish.

I'll keep my N9 for its full offline navigation, but I'll also switch to Android.

Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
There are lots of problems with drivers on N9(50). One thing came to my mind. Can we simply copy some drivers from Harmattan and reuse them in Sailfish on N9(50). Jolla can't do it, but we, the owners can

/edit: And I have the same problem with authentification as vasile123. Store seems not to have added the credentials...
Zypper says:

Code:
Retrieving repository 'xt9' metadata ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[|]

Projects no longer actively developed: here

Last edited by marmistrz; 2014-01-17 at 19:12.

I personally am holding out hope for the volume buttons on N9. I don't know enough about the input stack to write it myself, but it seems like it shouldn't be that hard to listen for a button press and then send a volume change signal over dbus.

Posts: 602 | Thanked: 735 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Nantes, France
According to this Jolla message, the next Sailfish update won't run on the N9 if the work is not done within Nemo.

Almost the end of the story.

The Following User Says Thank You to romu For This Useful Post:

Tags
jolla, nokia, sailfish