Active Topics

Closed Thread
Can I get this update via pc suite here in the UK and will this erase all my apps or is it better to wait for the over the air update?

Originally Posted by Mas Termind View Post
Can I get this update via pc suite here in the UK and will this erase all my apps or is it better to wait for the over the air update?
I don't think it's really worth the faff to do it unless it fixes any specific bugs you're encountering.

I'm just going to wait until the next update drops OTA which'll include this one. Someone mentioned last week of Feb/1st week of March.

Nokia timescales probably means mid-March but waiting a couple of weeks won't harm you and what's the point in installing an update that you'll either not notice or may speed up/slow down your phone -sorry, Mobile Computer- slightly (depending on whose post your read).

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Only reason i want this update is because i cant use prismic wallpaper manager until i install latest update

Posts: 487 | Thanked: 152 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
Is Portrait Mode that important? You would have to re-organise your desktop for each orientation, and the onscreen keyboard would be a tight fit, possibly making it awkward to use. probably more trouble than it is worth.

Remember the two main apps that are useful in portrait mode already are portrait capable - the phone app and the browser.

The new Maps would be realy useful though...
I need the music player and the conversations apps to be portrait mode ready. The rest is less important to me.

Applications I've made:
- Vuvuzela
- LTM: London Tube Map

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Only reason i want this update is because i cant use prismic wallpaper manager until i install latest update
Yes you can, you just need to install it via the command line.

I tried but couldnt get it to work, couldnt find the file, used the dpkg command? Anyone got the exact code i need and where to put the file?

Anybody?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
Anybody?

This thread may help?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Is there any chance for us getting an update today? As the news item said there would be a bigger update at the end of February

Originally Posted by Dirkjl View Post
Is there any chance for us getting an update today? As the news item said there would be a bigger update at the end of February
Wait, you haven't had the bigger one yet???

[/joke]

Closed Thread

Tags
firmware, my n900 is allergic, no soup for you!, panicky in the uk, pr1.1.1, updates r kewl, whining about whiners, yay - an update