Active Topics

Notices

Thanks marxian for your quick solution and working cutetube2

The Following User Says Thank You to Dongle Fongle For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Can we get cutetube2 for N9 too? Playing is gone, download and search still working

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wrm For This Useful Post:
Posts: 109 | Thanked: 84 times | Joined on Sep 2014 @ India
Search is not working for me, neither are the subscription videos. Link from clipboard is also not working.
Only the device support video shows up.

Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Yeah, today seems to be dead

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Cutetube2 works great for video playback and archiving vids, the only problem is that the convert to audio file(strip video to AAC .M4A) creates a 1kb file and sometimes crashes cutetube2.
Cutetube is IMHO the best way to fully use youtube on any platform I have used, cutetube2 is nearly to the functionality of your previous app.
Any thought of offering several options for audio rip formats even if MP3 is not on the list? For those who really want mp3 maybe add a convert string?

cuteTube(1) used ffmpeg for all of the converting so wma, vorbis, flac (pointless from lossy source) and wav should be possible, depends on what your after. Just check output of ffmpeg -encoders, I won't post my output because I'm running ffmpeg 2.5.1 so may be different to repo supported codecs.

Until your issue is fixed, you could use:
ffmpeg -i sample.avi -vn -acodec 'copy' sample-audio.aac

marxian: iirc cuteTube is one, if not the only, app listing ffmpeg as a dependency in repo. i'm holding back uploading 2.5.1 or 2.6 due to lack of feedback at the moment on package name of headers. keep same as current, eventually pushing current version out of repo but libraries (not ffmpeg executable) would still be available as they have versioned names eg libavcodec49. Other option is to name new header files the same as the libraries eg libavcodec53-dev, so that there will always be headers available for all libraries in repo.

if you have any preference please pm or post in ffmpeg 2.5.1 thread.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 106 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Hungary
Wonderful work with the new update 0.1.0, (and the localvideos plugin), thank you!

YouTube videos can be played directly on N9 but on Cutetube or Media downloader it says the device is not supported!! When downloading the video it loads a 3.5 minutes video just showing the notification (in different languages) that the device is not supported. well, it is the game of such companies that they cannot sell new devices unless the old die.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wisgal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Newest v0.1.0 cutetube2, plays fine as long as I use a codec within the capability of the hardware accel. Convert, a favorite feature still will either crash or just create a 1kb stub if asked to convert to audio.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
marxian: Why wouldn't some user agent trickery fool YouTube? What is the relevant API change? Does everything really need to be implemented

Projects no longer actively developed: here

The Following User Says Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:

Tags
youtube