Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 103 | Thanked: 162 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Germany
Great! No problems anymore with this dialog error on my side. Thanks!

I found a possible other bug fiddling with fmms opening over the console:

Code:
./fmms_gui-py:447: GtkWarning: Failed to set text from markup due to error parsing markup: error on line 1 char 36: ' "mms-versand@gmx-gmbh.de" ' is not a valid name
gtk.main ()
The error message is refering to a MMS sent from a web portal. FMMS seem not to like the address.
The MMS and the address are correctly shown in the viewer. But in the overview address, description and date are wrong (from a different MMS)

Last edited by sbock; 2010-04-20 at 22:31.

The Following User Says Thank You to sbock For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by frals View Post
0.9.6 aka "The config dialog redesign seemed like a good idea..." released. Hopefully that god forsaken dialog is now fixed, for real.
Hate to tell you this, but I also can't save proxy port with this version either. Keeps coming up blank. I ran the gconftool command you noted and it saved and worked fine after that. So, the work around works, but the config dialog is still busted.

I also had a launch issue after the initial update. I was one of those that took the advice to link the ~/.fmms/mms folder into MyDocs, so I could access the files from MMS on the shared folder. Turns out that breaks fMMS in this version if you did that. The error I was getting by running the command line in xterm was something along the lines of "mkdir(): directory already exists". I'm betting you're checking for if it's a directory, and finding it's a link, and trying to do a mkdir. Once I unlinked and moved it back it launched fine.

I also noted that when I first configed it made a new MMS access point, which breaks things for me a little. Since the settings are 100% identical to my existing connection, I have two identical cell APNs. This means if I try to run Havoc mode, even if I'm already connected to my normal APN, it spins up another connection (grps2) to use for the mms. This seems to not work and causes it to not work in Havoc mode on my device (Rude mode works ok though). Maybe you should check for that (existing APN = MMS APN) and not set one up in that case?

The Following User Says Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by woody14619 View Post
Hate to tell you this, but I also can't save proxy port with this version either. Keeps coming up blank. I ran the gconftool command you noted and it saved and worked fine after that. So, the work around works, but the config dialog is still busted.

I also had a launch issue after the initial update. I was one of those that took the advice to link the ~/.fmms/mms folder into MyDocs, so I could access the files from MMS on the shared folder. Turns out that breaks fMMS in this version if you did that. The error I was getting by running the command line in xterm was something along the lines of "mkdir(): directory already exists". I'm betting you're checking for if it's a directory, and finding it's a link, and trying to do a mkdir. Once I unlinked and moved it back it launched fine.

I also noted that when I first configed it made a new MMS access point, which breaks things for me a little. Since the settings are 100% identical to my existing connection, I have two identical cell APNs. This means if I try to run Havoc mode, even if I'm already connected to my normal APN, it spins up another connection (grps2) to use for the mms. This seems to not work and causes it to not work in Havoc mode on my device (Rude mode works ok though). Maybe you should check for that (existing APN = MMS APN) and not set one up in that case?
Embarassing, forgot to updated the code before building package so it was built with same code as 0.9.5...

Uh, not touched that part recently, it's been checking the same way all the time so no idea why it was working before/why it broke now.

I'll take a look at doing that for later versions. I have the same configuration here but fMMS just keeps going and fetches the MMS just fine. Could you email me your log? Instructions are all over this thread. Mail them to fmms@frals.se. Thanks!

EDIT: 0.9.7 aka "dont ask...." is uploaded to devel

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-04-20 at 23:29.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Embarassing, forgot to updated the code before building package so it was built with same code as 0.9.5...
Happens to the best of us. I've had the same issue before, forget one step, or do them out of order and it's all screwed up.

Uh, not touched that part recently
Well, I haven't updated since 0.6 something, so, recent may not have been a requirement.

I have the same configuration here but fMMS just keeps going and fetches the MMS just fine. Could you email me your log?
Sadly I also updated a couple other things, which wound up requiring a reboot. (Really, why does a weather widget need to reboot my phone?) So it's gone now. And, for whatever reason 0.9.7 works just fine over grps2...

I do note that it's not breaking down the connection sometimes though. It's only setup for a single route to the mmc host, so it probably won't mess anything up, but... shouldn't it down the connection on app close?

Overall though, great app. I'm thinking it's 1.0 time soon!

Oh, and I love the new forward functionality. Just wish it could forward all the content from the original. I often get picture/audio combo MMS, and it would be nice to be able to craft/forward such things. Happy to be able even receive them though!

I can never get it to work.....Can you get me the settings for tmobile and i keep using whats on the wiki but not working.

Havoc mode worked perfectly for me on the latest version.

no wiki on the havoc,polite and rude options... anyone care to update.. I would like to know also and whats the latest build... forum runs to fast to catch the news...

k, this may seem crazy but i just did the update for maemo 5 fw and now i can not find fmms with the app manager or transmission. any ideas on this anyone?

Originally Posted by andraeseus1 View Post
k, this may seem crazy but i just did the update for maemo 5 fw and now i can not find fmms with the app manager or transmission. any ideas on this anyone?
checked ur repository yet? sinde u jusy udated either devel is disabled or removed?

updated to latest from garage site still running solid good on my n900

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
it works fine on my N900, after a couple of attempts... btw, to those in Malaysia who are using CELCOM, below is the configuration:
access point: celcom3g
http proxy: 10.128.1.242
port: 8080
mmsc: http://mms.celcom.net.my

i'm still using fmm version 0.9.5..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gjoe For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python