Notices

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London

The Following User Says Thank You to crei For This Useful Post:
I just want to give updates on two things:

First, the Qt version of evopedia (0.4.0) is now in Extras-testing and will soon be in Extras if it gets another two thumbs up.

Second, a new English data archive is ready and can be downloaded via BitTorrent. It is again a bit larger than previous versions, partly because it now also contains inter-language links.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
Just tested the latest release version of Evopedia and it works fine with the 3GB German dump

I intall evopedia with dumps in Italian, but when I open the application to find the dump says he can not find anything as I do? But if I see them on file management with extension IDX and DAT. help me thanks

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Hmm. Just copied wikipedia fi-dump to my n900 and thumbnailerd went crazy for awhile ~4minutes. Why itīs trying to index dump file?

.edit
enhancement request. It would make reading bit easier if there is little padding on right side so that text is not so close to black edge of screen. I do not know if itīs possible just by editing css file.

Last edited by slender; 2010-08-26 at 11:11.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Hmm. Just copied wikipedia fi-dump to my n900 and thumbnailerd went crazy for awhile ~4minutes. Why itīs trying to index dump file?

.edit
enhancement request. It would make reading bit easier if there is little padding on right side so that text is not so close to black edge of screen. I do not know if itīs possible just by editing css file.
Thanks for the note about the thunbmbnailer, I'll check that. It could be that it mistakes the math image database for a png file as it is just a sequence of png files.

A border around the text sounds reasonable and should be possible via css.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by crei View Post
Thanks for the note about the thunbmbnailer, I'll check that. It could be that it mistakes the math image database for a png file as it is just a sequence of png files.

A border around the text sounds reasonable and should be possible via css.
douh.I meant of course little padding on left side whole page.bit too close to edge.

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ mother earth
Originally Posted by whats_up_skip View Post
I have made an English dump available. We will just see if the server holds up to the load.
wikipedia_en_2009-02-28.tar.bz2
I downloaded this file but when I tried to extract the dump it asks for password? I wasted a 5+ GB of my bandwidth for nothing.

can someone please help me ?

Originally Posted by yamakasi View Post
I downloaded this file but when I tried to extract the dump it asks for password? I wasted a 5+ GB of my bandwidth for nothing.

can someone please help me ?
It could be that the download got corrupted. If you tell me the md5 or sha hash, I can check against the original. If you use bittorrent, you can perhaps fix that without downloading the whole file:

Use http://evopedia.info/dumps/wikipedia...ar.bz2.torrent with your bittorrent client and save the downloading file "over" your manually downloaded file. Then, the bittorrent client will check your file block by block and only re-download the corrupted blocks.

At least in theory this could work...

The Following User Says Thank You to crei For This Useful Post: