dmesg
[15654.453125] input: BT56 as /class/input/input6
But "pause" "FF" buttons doesn't work.
I did the same on PC.
Buttons work correct.
I can't understand why its not work on n810

Posts: 546 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Winnipeg, Canada
Originally Posted by IcoNyx View Post
Ok, I have a2dp working nearly flawlessly with kagu on an n810 it took me nearly 3 days to find a perfect install solution. I have no idea if anyone is still struggleing with this but please let me know if anyone would like a proper howto for it.
Does kagu support AD2P out-of-the-box, or is there some esoteric trickery involved? Installing now.
N800 | 2 x 8gb OCX SD | Boxwave Anti-glare SS | PDAir book-style case
Holux M-1200 bluetooth GPS | iGo 4-row bluetooth keyboard | Linksys USB 10/100 ethernet | Plantronics Voyager 855 BT Headset

kagu can use mplayer to play. mplayer works correct with a2dp.
1.Edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
#Disable=Sink
[A2DP]
SourceCount=2
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0

2. Install 4 scripts:
a2dp
switchOnBT.sh
speedup
speeddown

3. create device using python script (http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices)

import dbus
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
manager = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez'), 'org.bluez.Manager')
bus_id = manager.ActivateService('audio')
audio = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(bus_id, '/org/bluez/audio'), 'org.bluez.audio.Manager')

path = audio.CreateDevice('00:11:22:33:44:55')
#audio.ChangeDefaultDevice(path) #change the device to be used by default
sink = dbus.Interface (bus.get_object(bus_id, path), 'org.bluez.audio.Sink')
sink.Connect()

4. start under user
a2dp firstrun

5. set kagu player - mplayer

Now you can use
a2dp toggle
to switch a2dp on/off

I use osso-statusbar-cpu to switch a2dp on/off
Attached Files
File Type: zip 4scripts.zip (2.3 KB, 253 views)

Last edited by svs57; 2008-06-05 at 14:04.

The Following User Says Thank You to svs57 For This Useful Post:
Kagu does require some slight of hand but it is actually not too painful once you have the needed information.

heres the howto I used and I have made some changes to make it actually WORK:

Bluetooth ALSA

These packages implement an alpha quality A2DP system. It plays without skipping on my n800, but it uses an excessive amount of CPU and none of the convenient graphical players support alsa right now. These packages are provided here mainly for my development purposes. Feel free to give them a try though.
Step 1: Download Packages

You'll need to download and install the following packages:
- libdbus-1-2 - http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...fix3_armel.deb
- Plugz - http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...08-1_armel.deb
- SBC - http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...08-1_armel.deb

You'll need these too, but they can be found and installed in the application manager:
- bluez-utils-dist
- Mplayer
- wget
- vim

################################################## ################################################## ##
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth Radio

First, make sure you turn your Bluetooth radio on. You can do this from the control panel, I think.

################################################## ################################################## ##
Step 3: Find Headset Address

Next, we need to find our A2DP headset's BT address. So put the headset into pairing mode, log into an xterm and do this:

hcitool scan

The address will look something like 00:11:22:33:44:55

Step 4: Get Sample .a2dprc

Then, log into an xterm on your n800 and download the sample a2dprc:

wget http://www.guardiani.us/sample.a2dprc
cp sample.a2dprc ~/.a2dprc

Step 5: Setup Headset Address

Next, please edit ~/.a2dprc to contain the address of your headset on the address= line:

NOTE: If you have VIM installed and know how to use it, run the following command. Otherwise, please use a text editor that you are comfortable with to edit the file /home/user/.a2dprc

vim ~/.a2dprc

Step 6: Create .asoundrc

create ~/.asoundrc with simply (copy and paste everything in the box below to create the file):

cat > ~/.asoundrc <<EOTXT
pcm.a2dpd2 {
type a2dpd
}
EOTXT

Step 7: Edit Bluetooth audio config files

1. As root, edit /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf file and change the following 2 sections.

change:
lm accept;

to:
lm accept,master;

then edit:
lp rswitch,hold,sniff,park;

Code:
lp hold,sniff,park;

2. As root, Edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf and comment out the "Disable=Sink" line near the top:

Code:
#Disable=Sink

Step 8: Reboot

reboot to restart hcid:

Step 9: install Kagu

Installthe Kagu media player using the application manager.

Step 10: Listen to Music

Now, to listen to some music over a2dp all you have to do is open kagu and hit the bluetooth icon in the top right corner.

This will do several things; first it will start mplayer and if your headset is on (NOT in pairing mode, just on.) your PDA will capture it and start piping sound!

cool huh?

I am trying to build a shell script to do all this automagically... so far the scriopt I have does everything here... but it also occasionally causes a reboot loop... I'll not post it until it works perfectly every time.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by svs57 View Post
kagu can use mplayer to play. mplayer works correct with a2dp.
1.Edit /etc/bluetooth/audio.conf
#Disable=Sink
[A2DP]
SourceCount=2
SBCSources=1
MPEG12Sources=0

2. Install 4 scripts:
a2dp
switchOnBT.sh
speedup
speeddown

3. create device using python script (http://wiki.bluez.org/wiki/HOWTO/AudioDevices)

import dbus
bus = dbus.SystemBus()
manager = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object('org.bluez', '/org/bluez'), 'org.bluez.Manager')
bus_id = manager.ActivateService('audio')
audio = dbus.Interface(bus.get_object(bus_id, '/org/bluez/audio'), 'org.bluez.audio.Manager')

path = audio.CreateDevice('00:11:22:33:44:55')
#audio.ChangeDefaultDevice(path) #change the device to be used by default
sink = dbus.Interface (bus.get_object(bus_id, path), 'org.bluez.audio.Sink')
sink.Connect()

4. start under user
a2dp firstrun

5. set kagu player - mplayer

Now you can use
a2dp toggle
to switch a2dp on/off

I use osso-statusbar-cpu to switch a2dp on/off
Er, those scripts were ALREADY posted by me in #121. At least the speed scripts which I MADE.

ok, for easy sake...

prerequisites: must have wget and become root installed.

if you don't, please go to your application manager and delete all your repositories. then open this on your n810: http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...05-08).install

then in the application manager go ahead and install becomeroot and wget.

Next download these to your INTERNAL MEMORY CARD:
http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...p/root.install
http://download.dailydffr.net/linux/...p/user.install

now open X terminal and run the following:
Code:
sudo gainroot

sh /media/mmc2/root.install
this will download and install a set of needed applications, it will then create a backup directory and backup your existing system bluetooth config files. Finally it will download some files I have personally successfully tested 5 times.

once that completes go ahead and reboot.

once it is back up, open X terminal again and this time as the NORMAL USER run this:
Code:
sh /media/mmc2/user.install
this will create the needed a2dp configuration files in the user directory.

Finally you need to open and edit the ~/.a2dprc file. look for the line:
Code:
#address=00:08:F4:30:07:64
change it to this:
Code:
address=00:08:F4:30:07:64
make sure you enter the MAC address for YOUR headset in there else it wont work.

Last thing, you need to pair your headset to the n810 via the usual method (open your control pannel, open the bluetooth applet, enable bluetooth, so on... for more on this, use google, I'm too lazy to really go into it.)

and after you do all that, reboot.

once it comes back up, kagu can now pair your BT headset w/o any further muss. for usage of kagu beyond this howto... again, that's what google is for.

I know people are fighting for a lower level implementation of a2dp (so you aren't locked into one application) and I know I will be getting some flack for my howto as this PRECLUDES usage of a2dp in any other application. Franly I wrote it because this forum is full of people who dont understand how to make a proper howto... No diss intended, but I note that people with tech oriented thinking are able to read this thread and find the info they need... the problem is there are hundreds of NON-tech minds finding this thread and getting frusterated and getting nowhere. We need to include information they can read, understand, and use. esle they will leave frusterated and unfulfilled... we are, after all, a community...

/My 2bits

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Great to see people picking this up and taking it further! If anyone wanted to write a howto I would be happy to link to it in big letters at the top of the first post here.

>Er, those scripts were ALREADY posted by me in #121. At least the speed scripts which I MADE.

Did I talk that this scripts made by me?
I just wrote again how to SET a2dp.

Do anybody setup AVRCT?
I found uinput module.
But headphone's button doesn't work.