Notices

I just tried the new dosbox build with my dos game, the mouse can only follow stylus on X-axis, after changed to "sensitivity=200", it can follow on Y-axis, the resolution of my game is 640x480. Is there any option like y-sensitivity?

Thanks,
-Yichun.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Thanks for the feedback!

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Arnim, i can report that this new version doesn't take game as an argument
Fixed. dosbox now takes arguments again.
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
and doesn't automount its directory.
Fixed. DOSBox now detects and automounts any directories named 'DOS' or 'dos' on your mmc1 and mmc2 starting at drive D: drives A, B and C are free to specify.

(edit) Poll: What do you want most for next release?
  1. Dosbox Frontend with game profiles
  2. Right mouse button support
  3. Tasklist integration and minimize support
  4. Integration of Xkbd into package (good/bad idea?)

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-02-18 at 00:29.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by wangych View Post
I just tried the new dosbox build with my dos game, the mouse can only follow stylus on X-axis, after changed to "sensitivity=200", it can follow on Y-axis, the resolution of my game is 640x480. Is there any option like y-sensitivity?

Thanks,
-Yichun.
I looked at source code (mouse.cpp). From the comments I see that several games have mouse problems (related to DOSBox, not necessarily tablet related). Does the game run ok on PC dosbox? What is the game name? Perhaps the forums have an answer:
http://vogons.zetafleet.com/viewforu...a7adad4097a270

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-02-17 at 22:12.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Okay, so I finally upgraded to 2008 OS. Can I get a witness?

Well, you know me, I've got 18 heptendecillioin issues already.

What do I use for the virtual keyboard now? Xkbd from your site isn't installing.

The dependencies:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae..._6.5.4_all.deb
and
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae....2-3_armel.deb
are also saying that they're incompatible. Nuts....

Your cycles up and down buttons work terrific now, but how can I edit them to make smaller increments/decrements? I was thinking of something as little as a 2% change each time. Your Dosbox download didn't come with the mapper.txt file this time, so I'm not too sure where to look for it or how to edit it once it's found.

Can I still overwrite your dosbox.conf using this command?
cp /media/mmc2/dosbox.conf /home/user/.dosboxrc
You pulled the sample dosbox.conf file off your site so this has me a little confused on what to do especially since your saying something now about "/usr/bin/dosbox".

Well, hope to hear back from you sometime within the near, immediate future. This still is my favorite thing to waste time on.

Posts: 459 | Thanked: 669 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ The DMV
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
What do I use for the virtual keyboard now? Xkbd from your site isn't installing.

The dependencies:
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae..._6.5.4_all.deb
and
http://repository.maemo.org/pool/mae....2-3_armel.deb
are also saying that they're incompatible. Nuts....
I managed to install Dosbox and Xkbd from Armin's site last night. Xkbd required a few attempts but I still managed to get it installed solely with the application manager (I'm still on the noobish side and haven't tried doing anything with xterm yet).

For xkbd install using the application manager, you have to be in red pill mode to install the two dependencies required for xkbd. It wouldn't let me it install it the first time, since I was missing "libxau0". I had to add the maemo Bora repository (which also required several attempts, but magically worked after a few tries) to get the missing item. After that, xkbd installed without incident.

Anyway, DosBox is working well for me. Thank you Arnim for packaging this in a way that's easy for a novice to work with.

Incidentally, is there a way to input function keys using xkbd?

Ah, I totally forgot about red pill mode.

Thanks dude!

Oh hey! I just had a great idea!

For those of us that don't know how to go through folders and edit junk using Xterm and linux commands, what do you think about putting the Dosbox.conf and mapper.txt file in the "Documents" folder?

That way, one could easily edit those two files using the "Notes" program on the Nokia.

Yeah?

Last edited by Addison; 2008-02-18 at 03:22.

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
I use the excellent GUI file manager called emelFM2 to move and edit files anywhere on my N800. (Usually for editing the configuration files for DOSBox and BasiliskII.) Just play around with emelFM2 for awhile to learn how to use it. It's easier then typing a lot.

https://garage.maemo.org/projects/emelfm2/

Originally Posted by ArnimS View Post
(edit) Poll: What do you want most for next release?
  1. Dosbox Frontend with game profiles
  2. Right mouse button support
  3. Tasklist integration and minimize support
  4. Integration of Xkbd into package (good/bad idea?)
That idea of a Dosbox frontend with game profiles is a great idea. The other piece of that frontend that would be extremely helpful would be having the integration of Xkbd that has various keyboard layouts to choose from (default, flat bottom, left side, right side, one that has function keys, custom, etc.). Being able to choose one that has function keys would be great since I'm always pulling up Xvkbd which does have these, but it is very cumbersome switching back and forth. It would also be nice to have a version of Xkbd that fully works.....I have to set Caps-lock key on most of the time for it to work. And if that doesn't work while playing a game, the use of Xvkbd in most cases does seem to work.

So to sum up....my vote is for a Dosbox frontend that has both game profiles and an integrated Xkbd that works well and has different keyboard layout options. Not much to hope for, huh?

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I vote for xkbd integration as a MANDATORY feature. But you need to fix the problems with xkbd (unshifted text being processed as "ENTERS"). Also some function key support would be nice.

I also would like some type of processor control:

1. When the program no longer has focus, let the application "sleep" so that you don't peg the CPU.

2. Introduce a menu option for variable sleep cycles as the CPU seems pegged due to the polled I/O function (looking for keystrokes). The program I want to run are not games, so they don't have a lot of graphical interaction (they are in text mode), and they were plenty fast enough on a 8 MHz 80x86 PC. I'd rather go for battery life than display update.